Soccer / Football - All things here :)

• Thread starter Sebastian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chinnybob

Reaction score
It is a good young squad. I thought they were mad leaving Nasri out but having seen them play it's clearly a great decision. He's good but they're great without him and he's not exactly a positive presence in the dressing room...

What impressed me most about them is the rotation and movement up front, actually reminds me somewhat of Germany at the last tournament. I quite like Griezmann, something about his technique and his gait is great to watch. Someone needs to explain to me how Debuchy is playing ahead of Sagna though. I wonder if they'll be swapped for the knockout stages when the defence will be tested a bit more, because apart from Evra I'm not convinced about their back four. Lloris for me is a ticking time bomb so the defence need to be on their game!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
I really meant smugness coming from Americans in general, rather than the squad. I can imagine it now: "HAHAHAHAH, we don't even play this sport and we're the best at it 'MURICAAA"

Yeah,it's possible,but there's also to consider the hypotetical cause for EU defeat,which is not only the hot and very humid weather(which affects playing style and fatigue sustain more than one can think,if a players are not used to),but the fact that clubs where EU national team players are usually have to sustain the very long national seasons (Premier,Liga and Serie A,for example,have 38 games + Cups) + Europa League and Champion's League.I can see why they cannot give their best,expecially under the condition mentioned above.

That said,our playing was inexcusable.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I think the US will want to beat Germany, and I see them having what it takes to do so....I am sure it will be an exiting match, but I won't be able to watch it...

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I think the US will want to beat Germany, and I see them having what it takes to do so....I am sure it will be an exiting match, but I won't be able to watch it...

Want to? Yes. Will? Doubtful.

Here's to Deutschland winning the cup overall

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, at least Spain beat Australia 3 - 0, a team that the other teams really struggled with. They at least defended their pride in the end. I didn't have time to watch the match though, and I only watched the last three minutes of the match it, so I don't know how well the teams actually played.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I like the USA squad but it would be disastrous if they won the world cup. The smugness would be palpable

Turnabout is fair play. The Brits here are insufferable in their smugness whenever football comes up at the pub if an American is involved in the conversation. I think they'd fully deserve all the smugness we can dish out if the US somehow managed to squeak through this with the cup.

I doubt they will, of course, but it'd be nice to be able to say "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over OUR WORLD CUP VICTORY" the next time someone looks down his nose at me for calling it "soccer."

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
I'd like to see Italy go through but they are playing
a dangerous game if they are looking to settle for
a draw.

Zado

Reaction score
I'm not watching the match,but all friends of mine are saying they'd rather watching metal rust.A total pain in the butt it seems,and Balotelli worst player ever seen:lol: With this,I'm not saying I'd like Italy out of the tournament but....well almost:lol:

EDIT: oh and there were 3 or 4 penalties for Uruguay,no idea if my friends are kiddin or not anymore:lol:

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
No. High challenge on Uruguay player. Straight red
in todays game I'm afraid. Seen them given.

Zado

Reaction score
And Suarez bit Chiellini,this is great:lol:

Also this is yellow all life,but imho not a chance to see a red card here other than a WC :lol:
enodck.gif

Oh NOW they remember how to play football :lol:

We need Buffon to score anyway:hbang:

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
How many times has Suarez bitten someone now? Unbelievable. He should be suspended for the rest of the tournament.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Suarez did bite Chiellini. Absolute disgrace. Should be
banned from the rest of the tournament!!

Zado

Reaction score
How many times has Suarez bitten someone now? Unbelievable. He should be suspended for the rest of the tournament.
It's not the first time?Oh my :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway we totally deserved to be kicked out,Italy played indecently,and it's SO sad that Prandelli's fail will be covered by episodes.That said,I'm tired of seeing Italian team out of a WC because of the referee not seeing things,and not for our clear inferiority only.Why can't we just lose the match?

')