Soccer / Football - All things here :)

• Thread starter Sebastian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
That's exactly why I don't watch this sport anymore.
Marchisio was a yellow card and Suarez a red.
In other sport there would have been an instant replay, in this crap the referee's fault decides a match.
It is easy for me to say it today, but I said it already some pages ago...no enjoyment whatsoever in seeing episodes like this one.
It's fair to lose a match, whoever you are, because your opponent bests you.
It's not ok to lose because of mistakes.

Axayacatl

Reaction score
That's exactly why I don't watch this sport anymore.
Marchisio was a yellow card and Suarez a red.
In other sport there would have been an instant replay, in this crap the referee's fault decides a match.
It is easy for me to say it today, but I said it already some pages ago...no enjoyment whatsoever in seeing episodes like this one.
It's fair to lose a match, whoever you are, because your opponent bests you.
It's not ok to lose because of mistakes.

Agree it is a such a pity when one remembers the ref of a match.

Just wanted to point out, instant replays would not solve much. There have been a few calls in this world cup that have led to days of discussion between experts disagreeing on what actually happened. This is with slow-mo, days after the fact, and from different angles. Instant replay on the field will solve nothing, there will be 23 different perspectives on every call divided into 3 camps.

In other sports replays are used to determine whether a ball touched a line, etc, but in soccer when there is a scuffle and legs are flying and players are loosing their footing in crucial situations I think it *may* be a bit more difficult to resolve with a little black tent and instant replay.

Come back to soccer btw! How can you leave! :)

Sorry about Italy btw....

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Agree it is a such a pity when one remembers the ref of a match.

Just wanted to point out, instant replays would not solve much. There have been a few calls in this world cup that have led to days of discussion between experts disagreeing on what actually happened. This is with slow-mo, days after the fact, and from different angles. Instant replay on the field will solve nothing, there will be 23 different perspectives on every call divided into 3 camps.

In other sports replays are used to determine whether a ball touched a line, etc, but in soccer when there is a scuffle and legs are flying and players are loosing their footing in crucial situations I think it *may* be a bit more difficult to resolve with a little black tent and instant replay.

Come back to soccer btw! How can you leave! :)

Sorry about Italy btw....

I never thought IR could solve it, but at least cut down the episodes.
ALSO...it would serve as a deterrent for players to not simulate for example.
Suarez, to say the latest episode, wouldn't bite anyone if cams could be used as a referral proof in the match.
So IR couldn't solve every problems, but it could really change some players' minds.

Zado

Reaction score
Bq6wnSyCEAEIOuK.jpg

:lol:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Is that an actual bet on whether or not Suarez would bite again? :rofl:

Centrix

Reaction score
U6fy9b1.gif

R5fAwRc.gif

WB2pc3n.gif

JO4uMRz.gif

I1QlwV0.gif

zC7WT2w.gif

Zado, you can't be the only posting gifs around here heh :lol: now that's what I call a passionate manager!

jahosy

Reaction score
RE: Suarez - Such a talent, but what a nutter!! he seriously needs help.

Thought the red was spot on though.

Axayacatl

Reaction score
I never thought IR could solve it, but at least cut down the episodes.
ALSO...it would serve as a deterrent for players to not simulate for example.
Suarez, to say the latest episode, wouldn't bite anyone if cams could be used as a referral proof in the match.
So IR couldn't solve every problems, but it could really change some players' minds.

Fair enough, I agree that it could dissuade many players from the extra theatrical fall. All that matters is if the defender/goalie touched the player or the ball first and if after that touch the opposing player was illegally denied a chance to reach the ball. And I agree that that is something immediately 'verifiable' with IR. ... but then for those other calls where IR could be toxic.. dunno... tough question...

Centrix

Reaction score
So my team (Benfica) just sold Garay (Argentina CB) to Zenit St. Petersburg for like 15 million euro... shame really, I'd say he is easily one of the world's best CB right now, yet he has chosen to move to the Russian league, which has no competitivity and is only worth it for the money...

Kinda scared of how our squad is going to look at the start of next season...

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Some great games thus far! Was really hoping Japan could pull it through....congrats to Colombia for the win. I kinda had a feeling Japan was going to lose as they barely beat Australia, was a good game to watch none the less. USA vs Portugal was a great game too. Interesting to see how well USA does as i'm rooting for them as well. :yesway:

Latest posts

')