Soccer / Football - All things here :)

• Thread starter Sebastian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jujex

Reaction score
Cool never expected to see this forum here of all sites :yesway::yesway:

Anyway I guess we will start over from August.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Champions League group stage draw in full

A - PSG, Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Malmo.

B - PSV, Man Utd, CSKA Moscow, Wolfsburg.

C - Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray, Astana.

D - Juventus, Man City, Sevilla, Mönchengladbach.

E - Barcelona, Bayer Leverkusen, Roma, Bate Borisov.

F - Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Olympiakos, Dinamo Zagreb.

G - Chelsea, Porto, Dynamo Kiev, M. Tel-Aviv.

H - Zenit, Valencia, Lyon, Gent.

chinnybob

Reaction score
I suppose it's not the worst group in the world for Arsenal, would have liked to avoid Bayern but should expect to finish second in that. Just worried that our pattern in Europe recently has been to mess up against the small teams and then put in one amazing performance and go out on goal difference.

Away from the pros, anyone else playing in a league this season? I managed to injure myself training for the new season so I've been out for a month and missed almost the entire pre-season! Going to be a long way behind everyone else fitness-wise when we actually kick off :(. Also looking a bit stupid for telling our captain I was going to be injury-free and top scorer this season haha.

Tang

Master of Chihuahuas
Reaction score
I suppose it's not the worst group in the world for Arsenal, would have liked to avoid Bayern but should expect to finish second in that. Just worried that our pattern in Europe recently has been to mess up against the small teams and then put in one amazing performance and go out on goal difference.

Away from the pros, anyone else playing in a league this season? I managed to injure myself training for the new season so I've been out for a month and missed almost the entire pre-season! Going to be a long way behind everyone else fitness-wise when we actually kick off :(. Also looking a bit stupid for telling our captain I was going to be injury-free and top scorer this season haha.

well, that didn't turn out good for Arsenal.

:(

Stijnson

Reaction score
Today marks the sad day of the passing of Johan Cruijff. A football and humanitarian legend.

RIP Johan Cruijff

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Today marks the sad day of the passing of Johan Cruijff. A football and humanitarian legend.

RIP Johan Cruijff

Yup, even though he is mostly associated with the team I dislike most (Ajax), he was the best player my country has ever produced. Above everything else, I'll miss his linguistic brilliance most.

Stijnson

Reaction score
His linguistic brilliance will definitely be missed! But he left us with some great one-liners and beautiful football moments, especially if you're a supporter, like me, of the club he is mostly associated with ;)
Hopefully our stadium will have a name change soon!

But i'll guess you're in that case maybe an Ado fan?

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
His linguistic brilliance will definitely be missed! But he left us with some great one-liners and beautiful football moments, especially if you're a supporter, like me, of the club he is mostly associated with ;)
Hopefully our stadium will have a name change soon!

But i'll guess you're in that case maybe an Ado fan?

Nope, Feyenoord, the ol' arch rival. Although he did play a season with feyenoord just to spite Ajax because he had a falling out with someone there. They won the championship that year so I can't be too mad at him for being from Amsterdam.

Stijnson

Reaction score
That is why i guessed Ado, seeing as he also played for Feyenoord and you didn't mention him in that sense. But he played a great season there, especially considering he was 36 if I remember correctly. Ajax hasn't always been the best at taking care of their most valued assets unfortunately. And you know, Feyenoord could use a championship from time to time, to bad that one was mostly because of an Ajax legend :p

')