Soccer / Football - All things here :)

• Thread starter Sebastian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

revclay

Reaction score
Joey Barton shouldn't of done it, but he barely touched either person. Aguero was just rolling around after a light tap to the thigh.. But regardless it just ruins a match atmosphere.

Unfortunately Bayern lost 2-5 against Dortmund in the Deutscher Pokal Final. Did anyone watch it? Our defence just crumbled. Hopefully this doesn't put too much of a downer on the players in sight of the Champions League Final next week!

Yea, there may have been some accentuation on the parts of Aguero and Tevez, but what in the world was Joey Barton thinking in the first place? :nuts:

As for the Dortmund-Bayern game, I watched the highlights and it looked like a typical Dortmund game: super fast on the break and clinical with their finishing. Yes, Bayern's defense looked disorganized, but Dortmund has done that to just about every team they have encountered in Germany. Their next step is to translate that success to Europe.

Also, who is excited for the Champions League? I know I am. It should be interesting to see what each coach does with their squad because of all of the suspensions. I still think Bayern are going to win 2-1, mainly due to the advantage of the final being a home game, essentially. What do you all think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

knispler

Reaction score
I also think that there is a chance for Bayern to still do it. Even though they had some defensive problems throughout the hole season. Sometimes their players did not seem to be concentrated enough and let them self get into useless fights and got aggressive too fast.
So, if they concentrate and do not get into trouble - they'll get their chance.

Aftermath1

Reaction score
Such a shame Gustavo is out the final though, he plays his role as defending mid so well. Perfect amount of aggression and control, it's a shame a lot of his great tackles are seen as fouls by the ref just because the other guy falls over. Tackles are getting too weak nowadays.

I'm really hoping Bayern can pull through, just as long as we keep them pushed back but then it's Chelsea, shouldn't be hard for them to stay in their own half ;)

I'm gonna say Bayern will win 2-1.

Sebastian

Reaction score
One of the better finals I ever saw! Holy smokes!! Amazing extra time !

Congratulations Chelsea!

Aftermath1

Reaction score
One of the better finals I ever saw! Holy smokes!! Amazing extra time !

Congratulations Chelsea!

Really? Most of the match was quite boring.. Bayern unable to convert any decent chances and Chelsea just sitting back.

Shame, oh well.. Germany for the Euros!

Sebastian

Reaction score
Really? Most of the match was quite boring.. Bayern unable to convert any decent chances and Chelsea just sitting back.

Shame, oh well.. Germany for the Euros!

Ohhh ...I forgot to add... I only saw the game from the 89 minute :lol:

But what I said is true about the extra time...

Genome

Reaction score
Don't care about City, my hometown team are back for their glorious return to the Premier League!

(we will lose horrendously)

ShredBorland

Keep the Faith
Reaction score
Yeah Reading made it this year along with West Ham and The saints,so any key players you think world needs to watch out for?

Genome

Reaction score
When Jimmy Kebe is in the right mindset he is unplayable in any league, he's just extremely inconsistent... Pavel Pogrebnyak was a good signing, and I think Adam Le Fondre will have a good season.

ShredBorland

Keep the Faith
Reaction score
Pavel Pogrebnyak is indeed a good signing.Just hope he remains injury free. always good to know underrated players of EPL..especially when all the hype is surrounding RVP's departure.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
New EPL season starting in another 2 weeks.what do you guys think will City make it two in a row?

I hope not. City winning the League last year is like having sex with a hooker.......without the money it wouldn't have happened ;-).

I watching El Plastico at the minute, Community Shield, Man City vs Chelsea.

ShredBorland

Keep the Faith
Reaction score
So RVP joins United.Arsenal fans burning his jersey and abusing all over the internet.Piers morgan whining on Twitter. Good move by Fergie. Mid field rock soilid Amazing strikers Definate title challengers.Cant wait for tuesday's match against the Toffees. Thoughts?

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
So RVP joins United.Arsenal fans burning his jersey and abusing all over the internet.Piers morgan whining on Twitter. Good move by Fergie. Mid field rock soilid Amazing strikers Definate title challengers.Cant wait for tuesday's match against the Toffees. Thoughts?

Van Persie will most likely suffer a back injury in the opening game from having to carry the entire Arsenal team last season.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score

I hope he is a success at United. They still need to strengthen their midfield more and I def thought that would have been addressed. Tricky opening fixture for United away to Everton.

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
I hope he is a success at United. They still need to strengthen their midfield more and I def thought that would have been addressed. Tricky opening fixture for United away to Everton.

Absolutely everybody says we need to strengthen our midfield but then again that same midfield lost the EPL on goal difference. We've bought Kagawa who should add a lot of creativity in the middle, while Nick Powell is a good prospect although I don't expect him to feature much.

The promising duo of Cleverley and Anderson, say what you want about either player on their own, looked really good at the beginning of the season and won big games, the 8-2 win over Arsenal standing out. We won't know whether it would have been like that until the end of the season since both players got injured (Kevin Davies, I'm looking at you). Since then, we suffered with injuries in both midfield and defence like we always seem to do, the worst one being to Vidic. Hopefully there will be less of that this season. Sure our midfield could be better, but it's not as bad as everybody says. Sure, we'd all like to be Barcelona but not everybody has a Xavi and an Iniesta in their team (we got stuck with a ginger that everyone at Barcelona tries to emulate :D ). I'm looking forward to the role that Kagawa will play as he looks like a proper player who has already excelled in a tough league.

setsuna7

Poor Gearwhore
Reaction score
Absolutely everybody says we need to strengthen our midfield but then again that same midfield lost the EPL on goal difference. We've bought Kagawa who should add a lot of creativity in the middle, while Nick Powell is a good prospect although I don't expect him to feature much.

The promising duo of Cleverley and Anderson, say what you want about either player on their own, looked really good at the beginning of the season and won big games, the 8-2 win over Arsenal standing out. We won't know whether it would have been like that until the end of the season since both players got injured (Kevin Davies, I'm looking at you). Since then, we suffered with injuries in both midfield and defence like we always seem to do, the worst one being to Vidic. Hopefully there will be less of that this season. Sure our midfield could be better, but it's not as bad as everybody says. Sure, we'd all like to be Barcelona but not everybody has a Xavi and an Iniesta in their team (we got stuck with a ginger that everyone at Barcelona tries to emulate :D ). I'm looking forward to the role that Kagawa will play as he looks like a proper player who has already excelled in a tough league.

Yes I agree. Injuries to Ando,Clevs and Vida were the reason we got spanked by City:wallbash:. We lost that awesome midfield due to the stupidity of Davies(he'a a scouser after all).So with Shinji and Robin maybe we can go back to the Ronny days and play 4-3-3.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
There's no doubt the goals will come at United, just hope we can keep a regular back 4 this season. We are well stocked in midfield but I always wish we would bring a Roy Keane type player in, someone who has never been replaced (irreplacable actually). Evra needs to have a better season too than last year. Still 2 weeks to go before the transfer window shuts, don't know if SAF will sign anyone else but you never know.

ShredBorland

Keep the Faith
Reaction score
There's no doubt the goals will come at United, just hope we can keep a regular back 4 this season. We are well stocked in midfield but I always wish we would bring a Roy Keane type player in, someone who has never been replaced (irreplacable actually). Evra needs to have a better season too than last year. Still 2 weeks to go before the transfer window shuts, don't know if SAF will sign anyone else but you never know.

True that,Keane was definately irreplaceable we needed a good defensive midfield, wonder why Song wasnt on Fergie's radar. Also a lot is dependent on Vidic ,hope he gets his partnership right with Rio,Rafael has a lot to prove this season too. remember we lost a two goal lead with Everton last season to tie at 4-4. We wouldnt like that to happen this season do we.

')