Soccer / Football - All things here :)

• Thread starter Sebastian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bouVIP

Reaction score
It would definitely make a great final with how well the 2 are playing. Real Madrid can have their chance at revenge against Bayern munich!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
Favorite team is Real Madrid and my favorite to win CL La Decima! And the league as well

Definetely a contender for the CL but not the favourite. The league is looking close for Real especially with Barca's latest blunder.

Beat Poet

Reaction score
I'm a little disappointed with how dead this thread is :( Is there any Arsenal supporters on here?

Can't believe people are talking about Arsenal as if they're out of the running for even the Europa. The media's gushing on about Liverpool's title credentials, yet Arsenal have been up there the whole season and are level on points with Liverpool, having played the same amount of games!

bouVIP

Reaction score
So Manchester United are probably out of the CL

Barcelona vs. Atletico Madrid
Real Madrid vs. Borussia Dortmund
Paris St Germain vs. Chelsea
Manchester United vs. Bayern Munich

I can't wait for Real Madrid vs. Borussia Dortmund. They are a weaker team this year so RM should be able to win unlike last year!

bouVIP

Reaction score
So yay Real Madrid are in the finals of the Champions League with a one-sided win against Bayern Munich!

Zado

Reaction score
Nope but watched the farcical Gala Vs Juve second leg. Juve unlucky there. I read somewhere that the pitch may have been tampered with
on the sides that Juve are dangerous on. All sorts of conspiracies theories
will come out obviously.

I like Juve as a club, always enjoyed their football. They should have more
European Cups under their belt though considering how many great sides they've had over the years.

I guess it's more than mere theories.I'm no Juvenus fan,but it's no mistery that the FIFA doesn't really like italians and italian football.For example,when Italy won the world cup in 2006 Blatter refused to give the cup to the team...

Italian teams really count nothing in EU

Btw I'm really pleased Atletico Madrid reached the finals,they deserved it SO deeply.For the kind of football they showed this year,they deserve the cup as well.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
I guess it's more than mere theories.I'm no Juvenus fan,but it's no mistery that the FIFA doesn't really like italians and italian football.For example,when Italy won the world cup in 2006 Blatter refused to give the cup to the team...

Italian teams really count nothing in EU

Btw I'm really pleased Atletico Madrid reached the finals,they deserved it SO deeply.For the kind of football they showed this year,they deserve the cup as well.

Yeah, fair play to Atletico. Look at the money they spent compared to teams like PSG and Man City. Really hope they can beat Real Madrid in the final.

Zado

Reaction score
Yeah I guess they can do this,they somehow represent the old school soccer,were values,hard work and teamwork can make the difference,and not only tons of money.

Also,soccer is weird enough to make this happen...look at what happened to Benfica against Seville!

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
Vamos Atleti!!! I'm FC Barcelona supporter but I'm going with Atlético tonight. They deserved the national league as well as they deserved now the Champions

bouVIP

Reaction score
Halftime and that was just poor from Real Madrid. Decent first 10 minutes but just downhill after that. Defense is piss poor

Poor 90 mins but after that was great!!! Real Madrid champions of Europe!!!

alvaro89

Reaction score
Halftime and that was just poor from Real Madrid. Decent first 10 minutes but just downhill after that. Defense is piss poor

Poor 90 mins but after that was great!!! Real Madrid champions of Europe!!!

But finally we won "La décima" !! I don't wanna say anything.. but we deserve it xDD

You guys should have sawn how crazy people was and still are this days in Madrid.. we are in crisis but football makes us forgetting everything for 90 minutes..

Centrix

Reaction score
Yeah I guess they can do this,they somehow represent the old school soccer,were values,hard work and teamwork can make the difference,and not only tons of money.

Also,soccer is weird enough to make this happen...look at what happened to Benfica against Seville!

I'm a Benfica fan, born and raised, and this game still hurts to remember...

Can't believe we've lost 8 straight european finals. It's way too much.

Centrix

Reaction score
I'm an AC Milan supporter and I'm in a crisis. T______T"

Sorry for saying it like this, but Milan had a pretty terrible season :/

It's too bad because they are my favourite club in Italy, a par with Torino!

What do you think were the main reasons? I think so many scandals with Berlusconi don't help the club at all plus italian football (apart, to some extent, from Juve) is kinda outdated and broke.

Still, I hope they will be back in the top places next season. The squad isn't that bad...

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Almost good to go. 2014 FIFA World Cup kicks off in about
7 hours time!!

Zado

Reaction score
Sorry for saying it like this, but Milan had a pretty terrible season :/

It's too bad because they are my favourite club in Italy, a par with Torino!

What do you think were the main reasons? I think so many scandals with Berlusconi don't help the club at all plus italian football (apart, to some extent, from Juve) is kinda outdated and broke.

Still, I hope they will be back in the top places next season. The squad isn't that bad...

I guess main reason is financial fairplay,applied here and there.Milan was a team totally under Berlusconi's control,and as a wealthy man,he used to spend tons of €€ to have a competitive team;when everything ceased,the clud had to sustain itself,but with bad choices came bad results.

Weird enough,financial fairplay didn't affect the great Spanish teams,which are said to have an enormous amount of debts towards spanish banks,but noone seems to care.

All in all the best national club competition is imho the Premier League...the game is nice,very dynamic and spectacular,I really like it;there are no garbage teams,no match is secure win..it's not like here in Italy,where the top team is enormously stronger than 90% of the rest.

Oh btw,World Cup just started and there are tons of controversy already:lol: really,Croatia played a magnificent match,they never gave up although bein cheated by a very partial referee...and while brazilian players collapsed on the ground afted every single touch,croatian ones never stopped running..they deserved at least a tie.

I dont want to sound polemical after just one game,but considering what's the situation in Brazil,I wouldn't be surprised to see the world cup given to Selecao just to calm down the population...football is bread for poor ones they say,and we all know politics are everywhere...I'm curious to see what will happen

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
Oh btw,World Cup just started and there are tons of controversy already:lol: really,Croatia played a magnificent match,they never gave up although bein cheated by a very partial referee...and while brazilian players collapsed on the ground afted every single touch,croatian ones never stopped running..they deserved at least a tie.
Croatia played dirty, man. It's not partiality on the part of the referee that gave them all those fouls, just a good eye and feel for the game.

Zado

Reaction score
Honestly I can't agree with that,I don't really know how's football in America,but here in EU at least half of those fault woud have never been considered,especially the penalty for Brazil

')