Software or means to slow down audio?

CoachZ

Needs guitar skills
Reaction score
Do you guys suggest any form or software for slowing things down since generally when you slow the sound, pitch gets very messed up. I've tried a few programs but am wondering if there's a free app or means to do it with Audacity? I've tried a few programs like the Amazing Slow Downer but it didn't do much for me.

Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Mess around with your sound card's controls. I have a Creative sound card and it lets me speed up and slow down audio without pitch shifts.

shadowgenesis

Yarrrrrr
Reaction score
I've been really impressed by how well Windows Media Player performs w/ that. Some things distort more than others... But at like 70% speed i've found some vocals still sound natural and a lot of riffs and stuff are very clear. I would definitely suggest it if you have windows. For this reason alone, WMP > iTunes

MetalSir

ESP Fanatic
Reaction score
mmmm.. i use sonic sound forge and his "time stretch".. it works fine.. and is really easy.. the "time stretch" pannel has some preset included that help you to find the right effect without having studied how works the FTT Window Size..

68bewk5.jpg

you can obviuosly set the effect manually too.. =)

Axel

Reaction score

I've heard good things about this program from a jazz guitar instructor. I have soundforge and used it once to slow down a solo, but something tells me this program may be more convenient and user friendly.
Maybe I'll finally get it one of these days :cool:

I've tried a few programs like the Amazing Slow Downer but it didn't do much for me.

Or maybe not :ugh:

Ok I just tried it out. I don't see why you don't like it :scratch: Seemed to do the job fine to me. I particularly like the pitch function. Most of the reasons why I stopped transcribing was because of tuning issues.

Latest posts

')