Solar A2.6W - Unboxing and review

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Meeotch

Reaction score
It'd be astonishing if you actually shared your opinions instead of pimping your YT views. Nothing personal but I'm sick of that behaviour on forums.

Agreed. If you included a paragraph or two on your thoughts of the guitar, I'd read them, and then I might even click on your damn video. Otherwise, fuck it.

alessandroarzilli

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I'm sorry some people didn't like this post, mainly due to the fact I didn't share detailed opinions other than saying that for me it's an astonishing guitar. I understand that point of view, so for the community I'm retrieving the most important concepts and images that I only verbally expressed in my video review!

These are only my personal opinions, I'm neither endorsed by Solar Guitars, nor getting money from YouTube visualizations (my channel has monetization turned off). I thought my Jackson Soloist SL-2h was unbeatable, maybe it still is, but this new Solars are really getting closer to perfection! Also, compared to my custom JS22-7's bridge Invader SH-8B, it sounds a lot more clear and nasty!

I'd like giving some background informations, so since last year, the “Solar guitars company” has started to efficiently attack the market and it’s becoming more and more famous especially in the heavy metal scene.
Every now and then they kept releasing new awesome models and, considered that most of them sold out pretty quickly, I instantly purchased this A2.6 white matte Solar the day after they presented it.

These are the specs of this beautiful guitar:
· type A shape in classy white matte, 25.5 inches long
· mahogany body with beveled edges and a set-through C-shaped maple neck
· a beautiful grainy looking ebony fretboard, with 24 super jumbo frets
· side dots and just Solar logo on the 12th fret
· reverse headstock with Solar 18:1 ratio tuners
· fixed bridge with strings through body
· master volume and master tone black matte knobs
· 5-way blade switch
· a set of Duncan Solar humbucker pickups
· it comes with BlackSmith 9-46 strings and the truss-rod adjustment tool

Talking about the pickups, I believe they're really great sounding:
the Duncan Solar bridge pickup sounds like a tweaked Duncan Custom 5, so it sounds both grainy and warm, while the neck pickup instead sounds like a tweaked 59, so it’s more glassy and open sounding…..perfect for solos! So, for metal, this is a very good combination of pickups!

So honestly, again, for 600 bucks, this is an absolutely astonishing guitar! Fantastic playability, easy access on the higher frets, but also a C shape neck very good for chords and rhythm sections… I can see that they really spent time taking care of the details and this is not common on a 600 dollar guitar, especially considered it’s an imported model.
I'm also uploading some pictures of my axe I personally took, hope you'll like it.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg 09.jpg 10.jpg

Se7enHeaven

Reaction score
I have the S1.6ETC and play it a lot compared to my other guitars. I'm actually thinking of a 7 string, and I like the neon green one he has... A1.7DVV... also, different pickups, bridge, etc., from the model I have, which intrigues me.

alessandroarzilli

Reaction score
To me, it would be a great choice. Artist signatures series should be top of the edge in terms of quality, or at least very high quality.

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
the problem with Solar is the lack of OFR guitars. I like Ola, and i'm happy for him, but i wont touch a guitar with a hardtail or Evercrap.

Wilkinson? sure, because my god Andy timmons uses one, but other than that, no OFR, no go.

icipher

Reaction score
the problem with Solar is the lack of OFR guitars. I like Ola, and i'm happy for him, but i wont touch a guitar with a hardtail or Evercrap.

Wilkinson? sure, because my god Andy timmons uses one, but other than that, no OFR, no go.

90% of the people who have OFR don't even use the friggin bar. I good hipshot equipped guitar just makes more sense than floyd/trem guitars(setup, string change, tuning on the fly, more solid wood.) I always crack up seeing these stubborn shredder dudes being so resistant to the superiority of a hipshot.

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
90% of the people who have OFR don't even use the friggin bar. I good hipshot equipped guitar just makes more sense than floyd/trem guitars(setup, string change, tuning on the fly, more solid wood.) I always crack up seeing these stubborn shredder dudes being so resistant to the superiority of a hipshot.

Ummm no. OFRs are far better than hipshot, especially the Ibanez Edge and gotoh 1996. Also, it has nothing to do with shredding, and I'm not trying to be a shredder.

AND, if you cant do an OFR string change in under 30 minutes, you dont know anything about OFRs.

icipher

Reaction score
Ummm no. OFRs are far better than hipshot, especially the Ibanez Edge and gotoh 1996. Also, it has nothing to do with shredding, and I'm not trying to be a shredder.

AND, if you cant do an OFR string change in under 30 minutes, you dont know anything about OFRs.

OK. so what is the advantage of OFR? I can play a 40 minute show and my guitar doesn't go out of tune. If a string breaks I can have a new one on in 30 seconds. The hipshot is also flat on the body like an OFR. Where is the benefit of a trem if you're not using a bar?

Latest posts