Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RiksRiks

ERG Player Wannabe
Reaction score
I love this model so much, I thought I'd try some other colors I like. This shell pink is my perfect Solar.

49922432473_8c18abd6aa_k.jpg

49923254587_532f3b274e_k.jpg

49923254552_5aeb0dbc57_k.jpg

I just ordered a Charvel DK24 2PT HSS in Shell Pink and have a pre-corona Aristides build with light richlite in Shell Pink too. If Solar were ever to release them I would buy the Shell Pink immediately.

On a second thought, yellow fits really good in here.

But seriously, even the silver one looks really sexy, in the past I hated the look of HS guitars but this one immediately started to grow on me.

Alexa run my life

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This roasted maple is just in perfect color. Not too dark or brown. It looks more like vintage Fender. LIKE !!!
I've been thinking the same thing. Now if we can get some proper inlays for it. I would take some standard silver dots even

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP! bolt-on and 25.5 scale! Now on my radar. THANK YOU Mr. OLA! Can't wait to see what lies ahead. Please do a bolt version of the A1.7FR FB in and still make it a 25.5 scale! also make it dark green flame or green flame burst! Pretty please.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I like that the roasted looks roasted and normal unlike some other roasted stuff I see that looks orange.

jl-austin

Reaction score
Okay, poll, how long will this last until one of the huge guitar companies decides to buy the brand?

I want the silver one sooo bad, but I am not sure I would like ET bridge, and 1K is a little much to "experiement" with a new brand. I am definitely not saying they aren't worth it. They seem killer values, just that, I probably should have already bought a cheaper neck-thru already.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
It's mostly a tonal thing - there's more snap to a bolt-on guitar, making your attack feel a tad different, more present if you will. In the grand scheme of things, we're talking about tonal nuance first and foremost, so it's a matter of preference and, in many cases, even caring about that sort of thing.

')