Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
My guitar has been shipped and is in the US! I’m really excited! But at the moment it’s “being held in the warehouse”. This happen to anyone else? And how long did it take to leave said warehouse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mpexus

Reaction score
The kids these days are actually the ones who are all about reverse headstocks. Boomers would get an aneurysm if they see this.

0320327505_886x300.jpg
Anyone played one of these? If so how is it?

First thing i would do was cut that awful Headstock into a normal one but im curious since its basically impossible to get a production guitar with a reverse fender Headstock .

kaossurge

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's funny, Without the Floyd I'm out of there...
I've never had one, tbh, and I'm afraid of them. I change tunings a lot and use some higher gauge strings... (at least on my 6 strings) so I figure it's not for me.

MadYarpen

Reaction score
Some guitars now pushed back to August. I wonder what is this about.

Or simply V 7 strings are selling out before they are in stock?

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
I've never had one, tbh, and I'm afraid of them. I change tunings a lot and use some higher gauge strings... (at least on my 6 strings) so I figure it's not for me.
Floyd’s are really easy but if you change tubings constantly then no, not for you. Also, big gauges are safe for the most part, I’ve never had an issue up to .70’s.

AxRookie

Aspiring Expert
Reaction score
The gauge of the strings doesn't matter because you still set it up the same way BUT if you change tunings a lot that would be a pain in the ass tbh...

BusinessMan

Reaction score
How good is solars customer service? I’ve sent a couple of emails regarding my guitar being held in the warehouse regarding the TSCA form that UPS said they needed to fill out. UPS said (when I called them a couple days ago) to email the shipper regarding the issue and ask them to fill it out myself. I haven’t heard from solar at all regarding the issue nor have I EVER received an email response from them in the past when I’ve sent in questions.

From what I’ve read here they seem pretty good but maybe they’re really busy?

sirbuh

Reaction score
How good is solars customer service? I’ve sent a couple of emails regarding my guitar being held in the warehouse regarding the TSCA form that UPS said they needed to fill out. UPS said (when I called them a couple days ago) to email the shipper regarding the issue and ask them to fill it out myself. I haven’t heard from solar at all regarding the issue nor have I EVER received an email response from them in the past when I’ve sent in questions.

From what I’ve read here they seem pretty good but maybe they’re really busy?

Corresponded with them multiple times, responsive and generally replied within 24 hours.

kerryymm

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone played one of these? If so how is it?

First thing i would do was cut that awful Headstock into a normal one but im curious since its basically impossible to get a production guitar with a reverse fender Headstock .

I had one, it was a great guitar. Basically a Charvel Pro-Mod SoCal for half the price: great neck, great pickups, and the Floyd stayed in tune really well. I don't have it any more, and if all the guitars I've flipped in the last couple of years it's the only one I miss. I even like the bigger headstock, I think it works really well reversed
3574F50F-689C-453A-89D2-63AF5B5A0EBF.jpeg

goremotel

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I would say those tuners are going to fit, their measurements, orientation and screw places should be same as stock Solar Grover tuners. What they now have is just a copy of them. Doesn't it have Graph Tech nut already, or are there other reasons to change the stock nut? Measurements of stock pickups should be really similar to Seymour Duncans and cavities in these aren't very shallow, shouldn't be a problem to install Nazgul/Sentient set.

I was also thinking about changing them in mine, but after a proper setup by technician, the stock tuners are working perfectly. I had issues with guitar detuning during playing, and it seems using something which I think in english is called silicone grease on the nut solved the problem. So if you are changing them because of that, just make sure you really need this.

Thanks for the replies!

To answer your questions, no nothing needs changing on the guitar, as it plays really well (was actually good to go out of the box, and excellent after a proper setup). But this one is a keeper, so I want to do some improvements to it when I can afford to.

Good news about the tuners, someone left a review on Thomann stating that the Grover 406BCL6 Mini Locking Rotomatic fit perfectly on a Solar A2.6 so they should work fine with the V2.6 as well.

Regarding the nut, from my understanding Black Tusq is better than the simple graphite nut that the V2.6 comes with because it's self-lubricating.

But now I have found something new and I have another question: while looking on Thomann I found a bridge with many good reviews, the TonePros T3BT-B Tune-o-matic. It looks exactly like the bridge I have, and from my measurements it should be the same size. The only difference is that the TonePros bridge has two small holes at the posts, while the one on the V2.6 does not. They state that they use a patented locking technology. What exactly does that mean? I couldn't find a clear answer anywhere on the web.

To understand exactly what I am referring to, look at a pic of the TonePros T3BT-B Tune-o-matic and compare it with a pic of the Gotoh GE103B-T BC TOM-Style Bridge. You'll see the holes that the TonePros has and the Gotoh doesn't (that Gotoh looks exactly like the bridge on the Solar).

Last edited:
')