Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
^I don't consider Dean ML shapes to be similar to Warrior/Xiphos/BC Rich Stealth shapes. MLs are their own thing. While the Warriors have some offset horns.

But considering Ola is a Dime fan, that possibility is not far off.

Me either bro hence why I wrote "maybe a slightly different shape to avoid problems"

;)
They are there own shapes for sure

I play music

Reaction score
https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/e1-6-priestess/

E1.6-Priestess-FRONT-HORIZONTAL.png
That low horn just looks wrong to me. The angle looks off.
Also move that bridge further towards the ass...

mbardu

Reaction score
That low horn just looks wrong to me. The angle looks off.
Also move that bridge further towards the ass...

The upper horn is not much better. And the body is not really a good match for the headstock either.
I love explorers but at least IMHO this doesn't look as good as most explorers, and it doesn't look as good as most Solars either.

Reaction score
Honestly if Ola ever did a decent looking ML style guitar I would DEFINITELY try it. I'm stuck with Deans just by default but I would love for a company like Solar to give me options. And PLEASE an ML shape and not a damn Xiphos style thing. There's enough of those

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Honestly if Ola ever did a decent looking ML style guitar I would DEFINITELY try it. I'm stuck with Deans just by default but I would love for a company like Solar to give me options. And PLEASE an ML shape and not a damn Xiphos style thing. There's enough of those
this is blasphemy, there are never enough xiphos and star shapes. NEVER.

manu80

Reaction score
Just looking from the top, the solar explo looks off to me
Upper horn and lower horn should be aligned like the stealth
Here the horn close to the neck is going down too much

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Just looking from the top, the solar explo looks off to me
Upper horn and lower horn should be aligned like the stealth
Here the horn close to the neck is going down too much

Yeah, its just a small tweak from being a Music Man/Space Age design IMO. Which I'd be totally cool with TBH.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
He's actually addressed this before on his YouTube channel.
Ola won't be doing one. Not in a "we won't do XYZ" then next week launches a guitar with XYZ.
He mentioned he wouldn't do it out of respect to Dime's family and the Dimebag "estate", essentially he'd be ripping of a design massively associated with Dime.
I think he mentioned that the only way he'd do it was if he came to an agreement with the family, but he wasn't looking to do that.

Obviously I know its a more Washburn/Dean that would go after him for any reason rather than the family, but all guitars rip off another guitar's design, and it seems to be more out of respect for Dime et al.

mbardu

Reaction score
I might be wrong but I think the reason the E-series looks like that is because it takes heavy inspiration from the Washburn Stealth (one of Ola's favorite guitars).

p9ptyrhy9csqaai9js4n.jpg

Welll I'llll beee.
Now not only do I not like the shape, but I also know that the reason I don't like it is actually because part of the design is actually ripped of from the wrong guitar :lol:

')