Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
71184885_2539139606167930_7848265610732852201_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
:holy:
I've been on watch with Solar for an evertune but I wasn't too big on the current choices of evertunes... THIS THOUGH, Ola my god this is amazing looking! Now the difficult choice of 6 or 7 string.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
:holy:
I've been on watch with Solar for an evertune but I wasn't too big on the current choices of evertunes... THIS THOUGH, Ola my god this is amazing looking! Now the difficult choice of 6 or 7 string.

Why not both? :p

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
That distressed 7 string look amazing, seriously thinking about picking one up.
The only thing that gives me pause is the thought that as soon as I pay up Solar with announce a multiscale 7 string :p

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
I WOOD not mind owning one of those hoho!
Seriously hot though, reminds me a little of RAN. I Always wanted one of those.
I still cant get over my fantasy if a single pickup version.

Merrekof

Reaction score
Me: psshhhht, I don't get it. Who would want relic guitars? Paying new price for a "looks used" instrument. This is soooo stupi...hmm, that Solar looks nice though. That looks really cool.

Damn you Ola!

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Looks like a guitar for the "I sacrificed to Belenos before it was cool" hipsters. Meaning, WHY isn't it a V. I've helf off Solars waiting for a white V but I'd have picked a V like this in a heartbeat.
*goes fetch a goat*

Nik_Left_RG

Reaction score
Just went the Solar website and really thankful that they have a 6 & 7 string Left handed. But come on, any color other than black would have been better. Would love to see either a 6 or 7 Distressed Lefty.

Has anyone tried either of the Left Handed models ?

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
The stain differs quite a lot from piece to piece on that body. Seems poorly done to be honest. Which is unusual, since everything else I've seen Solar do looks great (even if not my personal preference).

It's not the stain, but the different wood grains. It looks like a 5 piece body. I understand it's a (somewhat) budget conscious import, but they should have probably saved that one for an opaque finish.

A1.6D-LTD-FRONT-HORIZONTAL.png

The seven string on the website looks like a 3-piece body, so, slightly better?
A1.7D-LTD-DETAILS.png

Cynicanal

Reaction score
I wish he would offer different inlay options.
Completely agreed. That "V" shape is delicious and I'd be tempted to look into these more closely, but I always get lost above fret 12 without "on-the-fretboard" inlay markers.

Darchetype

Reaction score
Completely agreed. That "V" shape is delicious and I'd be tempted to look into these more closely, but I always get lost above fret 12 without "on-the-fretboard" inlay markers.
It just makes total sense. He understands there are a shit ton of people who dont like the inlay, so why not capitalize on that by making guitars without that hideous inlay? That would be a smarter business practice I would think.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
It just makes total sense. He understands there are a shit ton of people who dont like the inlay, so why not capitalize on that by making guitars without that hideous inlay? That would be a smarter business practice I would think.
I think he should at least make one of the types without the inlay. I feel like the Type A line works fine with it but the Type S Line would make more sense without it. At least give the option.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I think he should at least make one of the types without the inlay. I feel like the Type A line works fine with it but the Type S Line would make more sense without it. At least give the option.

Huge fan of the inlay, but I agree. A blank board is pretty sometimes and the Solar design would lend itself to that, I think. Especially on one of the black, open-pore top models? Oooooooooh. Options never hurt.

Latest posts

')