Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry man didn't see this until now, I don't understand many things in life.

1. It's a new option so if a model calls for it, I will use more. I personally love the distressed look. It's just a matter of balancing tacky and cool.
2. Well some models will stay forever, like a simple A2.6C . But most of the line will change here and there.
3. This is a tough one, since we're an international company offering to sell almost all over the world, there is not a single finance option to cover all customers.
So if we would implement one solution for one country, we would need to do the same for others etc. It's a lot of work. I just tell people to use their credit cards instead.
4. Dude thank you so much man... <3

:hug::wub3:

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer! Balancing us idiots, a business, your solo project, your YouTube channel, and writing for new Feared & The Haunted albums must be ruining you. Don't burn yourself out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ghostOG

Reaction score
The FR Special is made in South Korea by Sung Il, who also makes the 1000 series FRs and tons of other hardware from Tone Pros and Wilkinson.

The differences between the Special and 1000 are material and tolerances of certain components.

Speaking from experience, replace the arm holder, fine tuners, and string lock bolts with Schaller equivalents (~$30 altogether) and use threadlocker on the plate/block bolts. Much, much better in feel and longevity afterwards. Beat the tar out of it and then drop in a Gotoh 1996T for $120 in a few years.
I was thinking of "Licensed Under Floyd Rose" tremolos.
https://floydrose.com/blogs/tech-talk/licensed-vs-authentic

My LTD does have the Special though, and it has the issues I talked about.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Sorry man didn't see this until now, I don't understand many things in life.

1. It's a new option so if a model calls for it, I will use more. I personally love the distressed look. It's just a matter of balancing tacky and cool.
2. Well some models will stay forever, like a simple A2.6C . But most of the line will change here and there.
3. This is a tough one, since we're an international company offering to sell almost all over the world, there is not a single finance option to cover all customers.
So if we would implement one solution for one country, we would need to do the same for others etc. It's a lot of work. I just tell people to use their credit cards instead.
4. Dude thank you so much man... <3
Hola Ola, I'm sure this came up before but I didn't find anything about it. Is there any chance to buy a Solar without the inlay at 12th fret? I like the inlay but prefer no inlay on neck. I understand it's a logo for company but guitar will still have name on headstock. Any input is appreciated if this is an option. As a side note, I realy enjoy your videos and am glad someone knows how to dial in a metal tone. Good job man.
BTW, am I the only person who hears Ola's voice in my head when reading his messages? : )

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was thinking of "Licensed Under Floyd Rose" tremolos.
https://floydrose.com/blogs/tech-talk/licensed-vs-authentic

My LTD does have the Special though, and it has the issues I talked about.

The thing is "LFR" covers pretty much everything that isn't a Floyd Rose brand product.

So a Schaller Lockmeister and Gotoh 1996T are "LFR" units, while the cheaper Floyd Rose Special is a "real" Floyd.

It has never been a great determinant of the quality of unit.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Hola Ola, I'm sure this came up before but I didn't find anything about it. Is there any chance to buy a Solar without the inlay at 12th fret? I like the inlay but prefer no inlay on neck. I understand it's a logo for company but guitar will still have name on headstock. Any input is appreciated if this is an option. As a side note, I realy enjoy your videos and am glad someone knows how to dial in a metal tone. Good job man.
BTW, am I the only person who hears Ola's voice in my head when reading his messages? : )
Addressed ad nauseum, it shan’t happen

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Addressed ad nauseum, it shan’t happen

I feel like Ola's the type of person to be LESS likely to remove the inlay if you keep asking him to.

- I can't find anything about it.
- If I use the search function on this website and search this thread title, type in Ola's user name there is nothing on it. In fact there is only 2 posts that even come up from Ola in this thread, and if I search the word inlay and the thread title there is nothing that comes up out of 88 pages in this thread. If I type inlay and search his user name and search the website there are no results. Maybe the search engine is broken or something? Where has this been addressed ad nauseum? I have never asked anyone before about it, only expressed along with others how it would be nice to have one with no inlay. Who keeps asking him to remove the inlay? Seriously. I can't find anything about it and I've never asked him before about it. Probably just not in the serach engine or something.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
- I can't find anything about it.
- If I use the search function on this website and search this thread title, type in Ola's user name there is nothing on it. In fact there is only 2 posts that even come up from Ola in this thread, and if I search the word inlay and the thread title there is nothing that comes up out of 88 pages in this thread. If I type inlay and search his user name and search the website there are no results. Maybe the search engine is broken or something? Where has this been addressed ad nauseum? I have never asked anyone before about it, only expressed along with others how it would be nice to have one with no inlay. Who keeps asking him to remove the inlay? Seriously. I can't find anything about it and I've never asked him before about it. Probably just not in the serach engine or something.

The inlay question has been in addresses in one if not two FAQs with the answer being "It's staying"

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Like I said. I can't find it anywhere. That's why I asked. Search engine not finding it. I'll assume everyone is right about it then unless I get a reply stating otherwise.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Like I said. I can't find it anywhere. That's why I asked. Search engine not finding it. I'll assume everyone is right about it then unless I get a reply stating otherwise.

Ah, misinterpreted, my bad. He's stated it on his YouTube FAQs, not on the forum.

Ola Englund

Reaction score
Hey Ola, how long will the E2.7 be around? I really want but don’t see myself having the funds for one in the near future but would love one.
I think this model as long as it sells, that it will probably stick around. It's almost a base model at this point. But never say never right...

:hug::wub3:
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer! Balancing us idiots, a business, your solo project, your YouTube channel, and writing for new Feared & The Haunted albums must be ruining you. Don't burn yourself out!
No problem man, occasionally I remember to stumble in here, after all forums is something I truly miss in this day and age where everyone wants a quick social media fix. I grew up on forums. And yeah I'm currently not sorta writing for Feared or The Haunted :D I still have a lot of shit on my plate.

Cheers man, I know what you're saying but removing the logo sort of removes the point with the company. I'm building a brand and with that I need things that make us a brand that stands out from the rest, with the logo, the headstock, the shapes etc. So far so good. People can say all they want that it's stupid because we would sell more guitars without it, but then we would loose the face of the brand basically. I would love to be able to make everyone their favorite guitar but I also have a vision in where I want the company to be in 5-10 years. Hope you understand!

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Cheers man, I know what you're saying but removing the logo sort of removes the point with the company. I'm building a brand and with that I need things that make us a brand that stands out from the rest, with the logo, the headstock, the shapes etc. So far so good. People can say all they want that it's stupid because we would sell more guitars without it, but then we would loose the face of the brand basically. I would love to be able to make everyone their favorite guitar but I also have a vision in where I want the company to be in 5-10 years. Hope you understand!
I totally understand that. I'm really considering that A1.7FR FB model till though. That is very nice and the price is nice too. Good times, keep chuggin.

HANIAK

Reaction score
The fretboard logo kicks ass, imho.
Really can't make my mind between the S2.6W and the A1.6BDA... So classy and inspiring guitars...!! :)

berlams

Reaction score
People, I'm looking a 7 strings axe, I have some candidates, one of them is Solar S1.7pb, another one is looking for a used prestige around the same price ( budget 1200 aprox ), I have found a RGD3127 although the bridge is different from Solar ( fixed bridge vs floyd) Solar has SS,luminlays, locking tuners... Ibanez has... great neck feeling and "made in japan". What do you think about ibanez prestige vs solar ?, Quality construction.., necks ?, feel.. ? made in japan vs indonesian..
Thks.

Last edited:

T00DEEPBLUE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/gc1-6tbr-trans-blood-red-matte/

GC1.6TBR-FRONT-HORIZONTAL-b.png

https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/gc1-6taw-white-matte/

GC1.6TAW-FRONT-HORIZONTAL.png

DUNCAN SOLAR ACTIVE PICKUPS? Say waaaaaaht

https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/gc2-6fbl-flame-blue-matte/

GC2.6FBL-FRONT-HORIZONTAL.png