Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Goatwhore_6.jpg
pretty much the perfect star shape.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Se7enHeaven

Reaction score
HeHas... No one said he was SWITCHING to anything other than his brand. He offered to put in different pickups and had a different set available at the time (a person can choose to go with the other pickups). That was only during the initial months since few people likely asked for them.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the E2.7 yet? I’m GASing pretty hard for one but I haven’t seen anyone with one. I’m assuming it’s near the same (quality wise) with the E2.6?

T00DEEPBLUE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the E2.7 yet? I’m GASing pretty hard for one but I haven’t seen anyone with one. I’m assuming it’s near the same (quality wise) with the E2.6?
It's basically an E2.6 with 7 strings and a 25.5" scale. So anything that can be said about that guitar can be said about the 7 string version.

dorqus

Reaction score
So I just picked up a (used) Solar A2.7 in transulcent blood red matte, and it looks amazing. I also have an A2.6 in gun metal grey. I'm using a SKB SKB-66 case for the 6 string, looking for a case recommendation for the 7 string. I think it will fit in the SKB-66, but the prices have gone up on those cases quite a bit since I got it just over a year ago. Was also considering a Gator TSA case, not sure if a) it will fit or b) if they are any good. Don't really gig, but just carry it to/from rehearsal, really just want to keep it safe. Right now I have it in a gig bag, but that's not the best protection for it. Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like the SKB-66 is a little too tight....the headstock digs into the foam at the top, so not going to work long term.

Last edited:

Se7enHeaven

Reaction score
So I just picked up a (used) Solar A2.7 in transulcent blood red matte, and it looks amazing. I also have an A2.6 in gun metal grey. I'm using a SKB SKB-66 case for the 6 string, looking for a case recommendation for the 7 string. I think it will fit in the SKB-66, but the prices have gone up on those cases quite a bit since I got it just over a year ago. Was also considering a Gator TSA case, not sure if a) it will fit or b) if they are any good. Don't really gig, but just carry it to/from rehearsal, really just want to keep it safe. Right now I have it in a gig bag, but that's not the best protection for it. Thanks! EDIT: Looks like the SKB-66 is a little too tight....the headstock digs into the foam at the top, so not going to work long term.

I can't speak for the size, but I have a few Gator cases and they are well made... certainly decent enough to go to and from gigs. Also, check out the various heavy padded gig bags (with shoulder straps) over at https://gruvgear.com/

dorqus

Reaction score
I can't speak for the size, but I have a few Gator cases and they are well made... certainly decent enough to go to and from gigs. Also, check out the various heavy padded gig bags (with shoulder straps) over at https://gruvgear.com/

OK good to know re: Gator Cases, and thanks for the tip on gruvgear, I'll check it out!
Looks like the official Solar case will be available at the end of February:
https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/hardcase-for-type-a-s-guitars/
Maybe I'll just wait, this way I can be 100% sure that the guitar will fit correctly.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
guys i kept on breaking first string on the evertune bridge, is the bridge sharp what can i do to fix the issue?
You could lightly file or sand the saddle part to make it smooth. This will remove any burrs that might be on there and breaking the string.

T00DEEPBLUE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
since i bought this , i still have the stock blacksmith strings, the first string only is changed because i loosen up and i detach it from the post accidentally i didnt break it
Oh dear.

Better request some free replacements from Blacksmith. The ones from the factory are obviously defective.

Choosing to completely ignore this advice only adds to the punchline.

:lol:

Latest posts

')