Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

T00DEEPBLUE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A2.6FRLN-FRONT-HORIZONTAL.png

https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/a2-6fr-ln-lemon-neon-matte/

A2.7FRLN-FRONT-HORIZONTAL.png

https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/a2-7fr-ln-lemon-neon-matte/

First reaction was busting a nut to this.

But upon further reading, it turns out they only use FR Specials, standard side dots and nickel frets. That's lame. :(

I would have very happily paid extra for SS frets, luminlays and an FR 1000 tbh. No luminlays on a guitar with an insanely florescent finish like this? Seriously? That's a huge missed opportunity if you ask me.

Hopefully this will all be addressed next run and made into an A1.6/7. Then i'd buy one.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sollipsist

Reaction score
I love the look of the black open pore artist, but the Evertune spoils it for me. I appreciate what it does, I just find it too big and blocky, and I'm not a fan of prominent logos on hardware. Kinda wish they'd develop a more streamlined version, but I don't know if that's even possible.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Those are probably protos, where they don't need to bother with the inlay. I recall Ola saying the inlays were part of the brand identity.
Yeah I can see that, but then take off the Logo on the headstock : ) I'm just anti-logo unless it's my art or words.

Masoo2

Reaction score
So psyched they made a Jensen with passives and without the huge inlay

Sollipsist

Reaction score
Yeah I can see that, but then take off the Logo on the headstock : ) I'm just anti-logo unless it's my art or words.
Agreed. When I see a product with prominent branding, I automatically start to wonder if that's the only thing that distinguishes them from the competition.

Then again, it's not necessarily because I'm against advertising other people's brand. I wear band t-shirts all the time. But it's not because I think the t-shirt itself is high quality :D

T00DEEPBLUE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So psyched they made a Jensen with passives and without the huge inlay
To be a lot more accurate., its actually just an E2.6TBRM in black instead of red.

E2.6-TBR-FRONT-HORIZONTAL-2.png

I personally like the impact wave markers on the Jensen. Not to mention the super cool sidebars in the Jensen are gone on this model as well.

And the locking tuners.
And the stainless steel frets.
And the switch position being in a super ergonomic place.

But its a lot cheaper so.

Last edited:

Passtheapathy

Reaction score
These look awesome. I like the inlay but I really wish it was an option because I just don't want the inlay. I want blank fretboard. I see Ola has some in videos without an inlay. I wonder if they would do a no inlay model.

I’ve been saying this since these guitars were introduced. It’s, frankly, insane to not offer models without the inlay. It’s a fact that they have missed sales because they are too stubborn to remove it.

Merrekof

Reaction score
Personally I understand why they want to keep that inlay on all guitars. It's their thing, like the Ovation headstock for example. Ovation also missed sales because of it..
It's their logo, even though it is on a place where you normally wouldn't put one.

Viginez

Reaction score
i think it's just a business plan. sell them first with inlay, then sell them again w/out inlay.

')