Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

T00DEEPBLUE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't understand why you quoted me in the first place.
200.gif

Because your message was quoting to my earlier post?
For what it's worth, I giggled at the Indonesian factory thing.
It doesn't seem like a terrible outcome either.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
If you stop associating brown with poo you might have less problems in life
Haha very true. It's more so I just don't like the look of the roasted maple with a brown swamp ash body. Just doesn't look great to me. To me, roasted maple necks look best with the contrast of a colorful body. But two shades of brown on a guitar just looks terrible to me. Just my :2c:

manu80

Reaction score
Guess I'm the party crasher that is just a bit eager to never see a full line up released instead of a new guitar every two weeks. Still I dig the new roasted line.... but I don't wanna buy one as I may see another cool finish the week after.
it's a way af selling for sure but I'd rather see a full line up like in Namm, telling "here's what's out in 2020, pick your poison" instead of "buy the pink, we may release the green next week, or not. You bought the silver one? you like natural look? too bad we're releasing one just now"
but yeah it's a commercial technique too. ;)

Alexa run my life

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Guess I'm the party crasher that is just a bit eager to never see a full line up released instead of a new guitar every two weeks. Still I dig the new roasted line.... but I don't wanna buy one as I may see another cool finish the week after.
it's a way af selling for sure but I'd rather see a full line up like in Namm, telling "here's what's out in 2020, pick your poison" instead of "buy the pink, we may release the green next week, or not. You bought the silver one? you like natural look? too bad we're releasing one just now"
but yeah it's a commercial technique too. ;)
I kinda agree. Also, every new color that comes out, I lose interest with the previous one. So I am continually being turned disinterested with yesterdays (literally yesterday) flavor. :)

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
I don’t like that brown color tbh. To paraphrase Ola from His vid: it looks like a piss into poo :lol:
But seriously, I think that this roasted bold on series should expand into high gloss teritory with hot solid colors. And alder bodies...

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
Yeah but they're standard H-H set-neck or neck-thru (don't remember).

I mean maple neck, bolton, H-S. A throwback to the old Ibanez RG565 or other bolt-ons of yesteryear.

ibanez-rg565-152300.jpg
This
In black gloss or white. I wish that roasted maple hadn't that logo, but the logo thing was discussed earlier.
I like Solar body shape a tad more than RG's.

Alexa run my life

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I would love one witout inlay like these. I know, he ain't gona do it. I also want 7 string with ebony board too. Yes keep the single coil. Like and EMG SA-7 would be cool. Nobody will build this guitar. I swear it's illegal or something. Nobody will do it for some reason.
Yeah it does look so mich better without the inlay, and overall cooler with the singlecoil.

I want a guitar that has a glossy pearl finish. Does such a thing exist? Not white, not silver, but like a shiny pearl

Parcival

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi, first time poster.

I'm considering a Solar right now and I'm pretty much settled on an A2.6, glad there's a few leftys for me.
But I'm still not sure if I shouldn't go for the A1.6. Aside from wood, the main difference would be the Evertune and locking tuners/SS frets.
I very much love locking tuners. With what I read about the Evertune and my constant bending I guess it won't make that much sense for me, although I could set the bass strings with the Evertune and the high strings in zone 3 to behave like a hardtail. No opinion on the frets tbh.

Any opinions? The 2.6 should tick all my boxes, but there's the little voice in my head that goes "yeah, but...."

')