Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

binz

Reaction score
Will I be able to put active fishman's in a A2.7? And with I, I mean somebody that knows how to do these things, as I have two left hands and no tools whatsoever. So the question is whether thats possible in principle and sorry if that is a really dumb question. I just want to spice things up and not have the same pickups as in my second solar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

aesthyrian

Reaction score
Did you not notice the giant text right at the top of Solar's website listing for that guitar, stating the guitar pictured was only a prototype and that the production model would be HS?

It was pretty hard to miss.

I sure did! :) I just saw shiny pictures and got all distracted.

Soulmate

Guitar owner
Reaction score
Will I be able to put active fishman's in a A2.7? And with I, I mean somebody that knows how to do these things, as I have two left hands and no tools whatsoever. So the question is whether thats possible in principle and sorry if that is a really dumb question. I just want to spice things up and not have the same pickups as in my second solar.

Physically, yes.

Without a soldering iron and a screwdriver, no.

Even if you had the tools but never switched pickups on a guitar before it’s a project I wouldn’t recommend starting with, especially if you want to have all the different voicing options.

MadYarpen

Reaction score
You will need different potentiometers so it is not plug and play

AxRookie

Aspiring Expert
Reaction score
I like Ola but he sure has a thing for reverse headstocks which I don't like at all, BUT they look like great guitars!

Man, there are SO MANY great guitars out there these days and more just keep on coming! This is the golden age of Guitars!

Metropolis

Reaction score
I like Ola but he sure has a thing for reverse headstocks which I don't like at all, BUT they look like great guitars!

Man, there are SO MANY great guitars out there these days and more just keep on coming! This is the golden age of Guitars!

Heretic! :scream: :scream2: :D I think inline reverse headstock is the most badass look you can have in a guitar with a headstock.

Parcival

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Any more lefties? Please? Maybe an E shape?
Or any other model?
Except maybe a single cut, don't get along with these.

lewis

Reaction score
Any more lefties? Please? Maybe an E shape?
Or any other model?
Except maybe a single cut, don't get along with these.
The lack of options in general globally for anything Left handed, would annoy me into just learning right handed haha

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Wow! @Ola Englund if you're still checking up on here, these new bolt on models have been absolutely unreal. I hope you keep making ones like these in the future. I'd buy one if I didn't have my brand new KM7 stolen :(

couchguitarplayer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just wish those had real top instead of veneer. The chapman I used to have (Modern Pro V) was in the same price range and has a true thick flamed maple top. Same hardware (hipshop locking tuners and floyd rose 1000).

Parcival

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The lack of options in general globally for anything Left handed, would annoy me into just learning right handed haha

If I could I would, believe me....
It sucks being a lefty guitarist

Wow! @Ola Englund if you're still checking up on here, these new bolt on models have been absolutely unreal. I hope you keep making ones like these in the future. I'd buy one if I didn't have my brand new KM7 stolen :(

That sucks! Hope you get it back somehow!

')