Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Holy shit dude, is everything okay?
I posted about it in the KM7 thread. The dumbass looters in Chicago got into my building and stole a KM7 I had delivered. When I went to my mail room all I was met with was an empty broken into box. Guitar Center won't do anything about it... still waiting to hear back from UPS or PayPal to see if they can do anything about it.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I posted about it in the KM7 thread. The dumbass looters in Chicago got into my building and stole a KM7 I had delivered. When I went to my mail room all I was met with was an empty broken into box. Guitar Center won't do anything about it... still waiting to hear back from UPS or PayPal to see if they can do anything about it.

Sorry, man. Hopefully it gets resolved.

Trashgreen

Reaction score
SB1.7FRFM-DETAIL.png

SB1.7FRFM-FRONT-HORIZONTAL.png

SB1.6FRFM-DETAIL.png

SB1.6FRFM-FRONT-HORIZONTAL.png

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Ola hit the nail on the head. Those things are fucking fire.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP! bolt-on and 25.5 scale! Now on my radar. THANK YOU Mr. OLA! Can't wait to see what lies ahead. Please do a bolt version of the A1.7FR FB in and still make it a 25.5 scale! also make it dark green flame or green flame burst! Pretty please.

It's like Ola himself is reading this thread and starting to listen to us or something. Thank you Ola!

Soulmate

Guitar owner
Reaction score
Can always have a technician install them.

Or just replace the meh Solar pu’s with a decent covered set.

These last two new guitars aren’t doing anything for me, too flashy (in the wrong way) with the super textured veneer and gold hardware. Cool to see them offering new colors and finishes though.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking about ordering the purple bolt on.... would someone let me know if it's better to preorder direct from Solar or through a shop in your own country, the UK in my case, or if it makes no difference at all. I'm thinking more along the lines of the ease of dealing with any issues with the guitar rather than initial shipping/cost/vat etc.
Cheers in advance

Soulmate

Guitar owner
Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking about ordering the purple bolt on.... would someone let me know if it's better to preorder direct from Solar or through a shop in your own country, the UK in my case, or if it makes no difference at all. I'm thinking more along the lines of the ease of dealing with any issues with the guitar rather than initial shipping/cost/vat etc.
Cheers in advance

UK store absolutely, especially if they have a free return policy. Solar won’t compensate return shipping if you’re not satisfied.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
UK store absolutely, especially if they have a free return policy. Solar won’t compensate return shipping if you’re not satisfied.

Cheers mate. I'm looking at guitarguitar which is actually on half hour drive from me anyway so I wouldn't even need to ship it back which only dawned in me shortly after posting my question

Soulmate

Guitar owner
Reaction score
Cheers mate. I'm looking at guitarguitar which is actually on half hour drive from me anyway so I wouldn't even need to ship it back which only dawned in me shortly after posting my question

Not sure what the consumer right policy is in UK now but I guess if you order online (even if you pick up at the store) you should still get a 14 day no questions asked right to return.

')