Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cip 123

Reaction score
Not a fan of the natural one but still super close to snagging one of those HS 7's.

Then why are YOU talking about them??? I sure wasn't.

If you want to talk about them please go to one of their threads...
You weren't talking about Solar either.

AxRookie

Aspiring Expert
Reaction score
Not a fan of the natural one but still super close to snagging one of those HS 7's.

You weren't talking about Solar either.
Oh really??? Is that because you say so?

Go ride someone else so I can get back to what I came here for which is to talk about guitars... ALL guitars...

I'm a big fan of Ola and I was very moved when he flew all the way to Dimes house and paid his respect, Don't try to tell me what I was talking about...

Last edited:

cip 123

Reaction score
Oh really??? Is that because you say so?

Go ride someone else so I can get back to what I came here for which is to talk about guitars... ALL guitars...

I'm a big fan of Ola and I was very moved when he flew all the way to Dimes house and paid his respect, Don't try to tell me what I was talking about...
No it's because every Solar has a reverse headstock, and the Set necks are so freaking Set you don't need neck thru unless you want to arbitrarily drive the price up.

Little tip, most people will get annoyed here when you join threads just to say "I'd like these guitars if they weren't actually these guitars"

How in the heck does Dime have to do with anything I or you were talking about? You can respect either one all you want, I'm happy to talk about guitars but maybe actually do that rather than going "I'd like a Solar that isn't a Solar"

If you wanna talk Neck Thru, probably ain't gonna happen considering Ola has his price point pretty dialled in to compete with every major brand there is. His set neck design is essentially seamless to the point you couldn't tell either way, so there's no point in adding an expensive feature like that as it'd really cut back on the hardware he can offer if he wants to be competitive.

AxRookie

Aspiring Expert
Reaction score
No it's because every Solar has a reverse headstock, and the Set necks are so freaking Set you don't need neck thru unless you want to arbitrarily drive the price up.

Little tip, most people will get annoyed here when you join threads just to say "I'd like these guitars if they weren't actually these guitars"

How in the heck does Dime have to do with anything I or you were talking about? You can respect either one all you want, I'm happy to talk about guitars but maybe actually do that rather than going "I'd like a Solar that isn't a Solar"

If you wanna talk Neck Thru, probably ain't gonna happen considering Ola has his price point pretty dialled in to compete with every major brand there is. His set neck design is essentially seamless to the point you couldn't tell either way, so there's no point in adding an expensive feature like that as it'd really cut back on the hardware he can offer if he wants to be competitive.
Well you are annoying me which started with you taking a shot at me just because I shared my opinion on reverse headstocks, I don't feel the need to explain myself just because you think I was somehow talking about Kiesel, Look go kick rocks and pick a fight with someone else!

AxRookie

Aspiring Expert
Reaction score
"How in the heck does Dime have to do with anything I or you were talking about?"

AND I was talking about OLA and Solar guitars ARE OLA! How did you miss that when I literally said "I'm a big fan of Ola and"???

cip 123

Reaction score
"How in the heck does Dime have to do with anything I or you were talking about?"

AND I was talking about OLA and Solar guitars ARE OLA! How did you miss that when I literally said "I'm a big fan of Ola and"???
Yea still ain't got anything to do with neck thru or reverse headstocks. I like The Haunted I didn't bring them up?

Chill tf out dude, did I take a shot yes, because the only interactions I have with you are from a Kiesel thread it's once again a joke.

If you wanna talk guitars let's talk guitars, do you really need neck thru when most of his guitars are Set-thru?

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
More like .5-1mm thick...

They actually look thicker than that even. Maybe 3-5mm even. When I look at the edge of the body it looks as thick as the whammy bar. Either way it's a vaneer but it just don't look that thin to me, imo.

I really wish Solar would make this 7 string bolt on but without that forearm contour so it's more like on the other models. Put some black hardware on it and call it a day. Leave the finish clearish. Then I could mod the horns and finish to my liking. Still may look into doing it with this model though.

These guitars are looking better all the time and for the price I can see them being a huge competitor to Ibanez. At this point I'd rather buy this model for the $1099 than an rg752 for full price for $1599. For the $500 savings I could mod this how I want and depending on build and wood quality have a better guitar. I'v never played one but they seem to get good praise for playability, and aside from the occassional defect or something they seem to be pretty consistant.

AxRookie

Aspiring Expert
Reaction score
Yea still ain't got anything to do with neck thru or reverse headstocks. I like The Haunted I didn't bring them up?

Chill tf out dude, did I take a shot yes, because the only interactions I have with you are from a Kiesel thread it's once again a joke.

If you wanna talk guitars let's talk guitars, do you really need neck thru when most of his guitars are Set-thru?
Well gees dude you gave no indication it was a joke, In the future, you could add something like "lol" instead of just "This isn’t the Kiesel thread" and you just said "did I take a shot yes" so was it meant as a joke or not???

Soulmate

Guitar owner
Reaction score
They actually look thicker than that even. Maybe 3-5mm even. When I look at the edge of the body it looks as thick as the whammy bar. Either way it's a vaneer but it just don't look that thin to me, imo.

That’s the binding. The top is not as thick as the binding height.

Soulmate

Guitar owner
Reaction score
You can clearly see the veneer thickness at the volume and tone knob recesses. That darker shade is the body wood.
SB1.6FRFM-DETAIL.png

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
That’s the binding. The top is not as thick as the binding height.
Oh, so the body and neck are bound then. Probably help if had read that earlier! : ) Anyways. As long as it's not paper thin and 1-2mm thick it should work out pretty well for looks. That paper thin stuff is what can be an issue because if you get a dent then it goes right thorough and is hard to fix if wanted, or if you wanna refinish the guitar it's almost impossible. If it's 1-2mm then it should be ok for that types stuff.

Latest posts

')