Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flick

Reaction score
Really want one of the 6 string e series but not at a 24.75 scale length. Holding out for a 25.5.

Zhysick

Reaction score
Really want one of the 6 string e series but not at a 24.75 scale length. Holding out for a 25.5.

This one is 25.5"

https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/e1-6-priestess/

E1.6-Priestess-FRONT-HORIZONTAL-2048x771.png

Also this one (but this may be a typographic error, the Priestess I'm 100% sure is 25.5")

https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/e1-6d-ltd-natural-aged-distressed/

E1.6D-LTD-FRONT-HORIZONTAL-2048x797.png

So you have a floyded one and a fixed one (Evertune)

Wanna want more? Just do it!

Last edited:

Flick

Reaction score

jl-austin

Reaction score
You can tell by the distance the humbuckers are apart from each other that the distressed is 25.5, and the white is 24 3/4.

Also note the position of the bridge Humbucker in relationship to the body.

Zhysick

Reaction score
You can tell by the distance the humbuckers are apart from each other that the distressed is 25.5, and the white is 24 3/4.

Also note the position of the bridge Humbucker in relationship to the body.

Nope... Not sure about the distressed because of the 25.5" in the specs but 24.75" in the description BUT the white is 25.5" FOR SURE. Is the signature of that guy from that band and I remember in the "Coffe with Ola" that they talked about being the first E series with 25.5" scale lenght.

Zhysick

Reaction score
The distressed one has 25.5 in the spec but 24.75 in the description. Looking for a fixed bridge here.

Block the Floyd... bah, nitpicky... :lol:

Just kidding but HEY! there you go the first one... maybe one day not that far away...

Amenthea

Reaction score
Pretty sure you're referring to yourself mate. I don't even use FB or Twitter lol

Quite surprising, considering how butthurt you are over anyone disagreeing with your opinion on a piece of wood that was designed without you in mind in the slightest.
The fact that pretty much everyone else here thinks you're being a drama queen might tell you something.

T00DEEPBLUE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Quite surprising, considering how butthurt you are over anyone disagreeing with your opinion on a piece of wood that was designed without you in mind in the slightest.
The fact that pretty much everyone else here thinks you're being a drama queen might tell you something.
Calling me butthurt when you're the one attempting to characterise me because my opinion is different to yours is extremely childish dude.

Stop dragging this shit out unnecessarily. I got bored of this discussion days ago.

Warmart

Reaction score
CWAJGA? :taser:

Lighten up everyone, life's too short for forum disagreements, just move on already.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Question! Sorry, I'm sure it might be somewhere in this thread already written, but if any of you Solar players could please indulge me:

How would you compare a Solar neck against an Ibanez, Jackson, or ESP? To which is it most similar? I don't imagine them being thin and flat like an Ibanez just based on pictures, but sometimes it can be hard to tell that kind of thing. Are they very shoulder-y like a Jackson? Are they thin but without the flatness like a Japanese Jackson? Or are they on the fatter side like an ESP? I know, ESP isn't terribly fat, especially compared to like an old Gibson or Telecaster.

I'm just curious what these necks feel like, and I guess the best way for me personally to wrap my head around it would be to hear some comparisons against other major brands. But unfortunately really the only brands I'm quite familiar with are Ibanez, Jackson, and ESP. And Fender I guess.

T00DEEPBLUE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The neck profiles have a Jackson-like thickness but the roundness of a Fender C.

That's been my experience.

Zhysick

Reaction score
Question! Sorry, I'm sure it might be somewhere in this thread already written, but if any of you Solar players could please indulge me:

How would you compare a Solar neck against an Ibanez, Jackson, or ESP? To which is it most similar? I don't imagine them being thin and flat like an Ibanez just based on pictures, but sometimes it can be hard to tell that kind of thing. Are they very shoulder-y like a Jackson? Are they thin but without the flatness like a Japanese Jackson? Or are they on the fatter side like an ESP? I know, ESP isn't terribly fat, especially compared to like an old Gibson or Telecaster.

I'm just curious what these necks feel like, and I guess the best way for me personally to wrap my head around it would be to hear some comparisons against other major brands. But unfortunately really the only brands I'm quite familiar with are Ibanez, Jackson, and ESP. And Fender I guess.

Have you ever played a LTD Thin U neck but with a 43mm nut? because it feels just the same. Normally LTD Thin U necks are 42mm nut width even with locking nut but if you can imagine that neck a bit wider feeling... that's it. On the other hand if you have ever played one of their Extra Thin U necks but with the 43mm nut width then just imagine the neck a hair thicker...

I measured my Solar and the thickness is about 20mm for first fret and 22mm for 12th fret so pretty close to LTD Thin U neck BUT the most important thing is that, at least my Solar because that's the only one I have played, have a bit of a rounded fretboard edges that makes it a bit more comfortable than LTD's necks... if you can handle the extra width...

Somedays I prefer my old LTD because of the narrow neck, somedays I prefer the Solar because of the smooth and rounder feeling...

')