Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Perge

Reaction score
Anyone know what the new logo is supposed to be? Is it a mashup of an O and and E? I see it on the front of the new guitars, but idk what it is. Just curious.
It spells ola all fancy like. Easier to see on his coffee with ola logo, and it doesn't help the bottom part of the l is cut off on the guitar

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Anyone know what the new logo is supposed to be? Is it a mashup of an O and and E? I see it on the front of the new guitars, but idk what it is. Just curious.
It's just his alternate logo, he's had other guitars with it.
G1.6-OLA-Ltd-FRONT-HORIZONTAL.jpg

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I honestly can’t really see the letters spelled out in there, without seeing like random lines as well.

But I DO dig the matte and glossy aspect of it. Similar to the Abasi Larada. Just a super cool look. That being said, these looks aren’t for player guitars. Those mofos are going to get shiny patches post haste.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
I honestly can’t really see the letters spelled out in there, without seeing like random lines as well.

But I DO dig the matte and glossy aspect of it. Similar to the Abasi Larada. Just a super cool look. That being said, these looks aren’t for player guitars. Those mofos are going to get shiny patches post haste.
It's a little tricky cause of the L
ola-logo-1_420x.jpg

Yeah, matte finishes are always cool until they get the shiny spots :/

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
It's a little tricky cause of the L
ola-logo-1_420x.jpg

Yeah, matte finishes are always cool until they get the shiny spots :/
Ok, I assume the O is that hexagon piece with the lower right corner cut out. And the A is the right half of the image. I’m guessing the L is the line down the middle, with the right side horizontal piece at the bottom. But wtf is the top part and the bottom left leg? It looks like a big capital I with serif.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
So is that new logo going to be the new non-negotiable 12th fret inlay? I can stomach this symbol a little better than the stupid looking thing they've been using.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Players don't care about no freakn' shiny patches.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. It's Ola's logo. It was on a previous Solar model in a similar gloss & matte finish.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I honestly don’t mind the solar logo. It’s fine and it’s a cool geometric shape. It really feels like those who are complaining are in the camp of “I would never buy a signature model, because then it’s not MY model”. Like just play guitar. 20%* of the Metal community accepted that the EBMM JP series was phenomenal and treat it the same way a “Les Paul” is treated.

It’s a guitar aimed at the “metal” market, and has sharp metal logos on it.

People out here buying headless guitars with sideways frets then turn around and call a Flying V “ugly”. Pick a lane foos.

* = Source, just trust me bro

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I honestly don’t mind the solar logo. It’s fine and it’s a cool geometric shape. It really feels like those who are complaining are in the camp of “I would never buy a signature model, because then it’s not MY model”. Like just play guitar. 20%* of the Metal community accepted that the EBMM JP series was phenomenal and treat it the same way a “Les Paul” is treated.

It’s a guitar aimed at the “metal” market, and has sharp metal logos on it.

People out here buying headless guitars with sideways frets then turn around and call a Flying V “ugly”. Pick a lane foos.

* = Source, just trust me bro
Idk it just makes the whole guitar look cheap and tacky. Like a claw marks inlays on the 12th fret. Or an 8 ball inlay. Or a big ass P inlay (even misha mansour had sense enough to make that optional for the most diehard bootlicking fanbois). Or stripper inlays. Or a half the fretboard is a big zigzag lightning bolt inlay.

He may as well add the abalone binding to get the full effect.

Romeo Knight

Reaction score
Idk it just makes the whole guitar look cheap and tacky. Like a claw marks inlays on the 12th fret. Or an 8 ball inlay. Or a big ass P inlay (even misha mansour had sense enough to make that optional for the most diehard bootlicking fanbois). Or stripper inlays. Or a half the fretboard is a big zigzag lightning bolt inlay.

He may as well add the abalone binding to get the full effect.
Absolutely.
I own an A2.6 Canibalismo which is an amazingly good (and great looking) guitar for the price tag but that Solar logo is just awful. Personally, I also have problems with inlays that aren't limited to the fret they're supposed to indicate so I needed to put black tape over fret 11 and 13. Why.

cindarkness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Absolutely.
I own an A2.6 Canibalismo which is an amazingly good (and great looking) guitar for the price tag but that Solar logo is just awful. Personally, I also have problems with inlays that aren't limited to the fret they're supposed to indicate so I needed to put black tape over fret 11 and 13. Why.
But it still has the side dots on the fretboard, no? I personally don't pay attention to the inlays while playing, maybe a look or two when soloing.

jrn1308

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Still diggin the red one. Waiting on reviews…

I also love the looks of the red X but the placement of the output jack kills it for me. I really don't know how this made it to the production model and has not been killed in a prototype.

The Tone King had the XF1.6FRFBR+ on one of his live streams:

At about 53:30 he switches to the neck pickup but instead of the neck pickup theres just silence. At 55:25 he switches to the neck again and theres a lot of crackling going on.

Probably a simple fix with some contact cleaner, but still a bit annoying if you pay 1.300 € for a guitar that is "QC passed".

Romeo Knight

Reaction score
But it still has the side dots on the fretboard, no? I personally don't pay attention to the inlays while playing, maybe a look or two when soloing.
Yes, sure it does.
For some reason I'm very dependant on easily visible inlays, that's why I prefer Ibanez or Jackson sharkfins for playing live with challenging light conditions. Or huge side markers, e.g. I put this white tape on an Edwards Horizon III.

0_n_1080.jpg

Latest posts

')