Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That Canadian guy who yells a lot did a "review" of a cheapo Solar (not the "S by Solar") and it was a really nice gloss red and $599. $599 is about what I think a hardtail Solar is worth, so that might be one worth taking a flyer on. There are worse ways to waste 599.
I wonder if they cherry-picked him a good one. That and he tends to be extremely lenient towards people that give him free shit.

But FWIW I know someone that recently got a S by Solar and he loves it. Kinda makes me wanna get a V or E just to have a pointy guitar for the sake of having a pointy guitar.

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I must say that as much as i don't care about the guy who yells a lot, or Solar, or Ola, i must admit that the Candy apple red guitar in question made me a great impression. The 3 lousy pics in the site don't give it justice. If the 12th fret was clean like the rest of the fretboard I would have bought one already. It is however very possible that the guitar was cherry picked, given the way it was packaged....
P. S. I also noticed that it has 5 way switch on a 2 humbuckers, which is.... interesting...

Last edited:

Zhysick

Reaction score
Screenshot-2024-08-02-22-31-30-144-com-instagram-android.jpg
I don't know who he is (like most Solar endorsers) but I fucking hate racing stripes!! (Except on a Fender Mustang, that's where they only belong!!)

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Moongrum

Reaction score

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
So strange this is a seemingly common issue.
Common how ? 100 people complained ? Given the number of guitars sold, that's probably waaaaaay under the QC tolerance for genral manufacturing. I don't really want to white knight brand X or Y, but I'm growing tired of seeing individual issues labeled as "common" when nobody I know ever encountered them, and I know a few guitar players, including a good chunk of professional ones. That's valid for Solar and Gibson mostly, having got my hands on multiple new models fro each brand, including a few personal purchases.
Remember that Ola being an internet celebrity, the Solar custimer base is likely much more present on forums and such. 100 complaints online is nothing. Believe me, I worked in the video games industry for 15 years, where having millions of complaints after a patch is common. (I worked for Blizzard in France before they closed the french office because they got caught cheating on their taxes)

')