Soldano SLO Pedal - DIY boards now available

• Thread starter owlexifry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

owlexifry

Reaction score
being an SLO fanboy, ever since this device appeared on the market, i’ve been bugging to try it out.
wasn’t gonna buy one though. still retails today @ aud$370, or $440 for the purple one. haha.
it was indicated fairly early on that it was getting traced at pedalpcb, ended up taking over 12 months to finalize, and the boards dropped at the end of January.

just finished my build this weekend.

IMG_2138.jpeg

IMG_2165.jpeg

zero issues with noise or oscillation - PCB is very well designed.
during this demo, to validate - i dimed every single control and it still didn’t oscillate. sounded pretty cool too haha

some observations/opinions:
- presence control is cool, useful, works well
- deep switch is a lot more dramatic than i anticipated, it's great, and it's just in the right spot.
- the TMB controls are a bit odd to me. for the first time ever with a device, it just seemed to sound it's best / most natural / balanced with them set at noon or close to noon..
- treble control seems especially odd. it's like a treble control below noon and a mid control above noon.
- mid control seems to be ok. sounds good with the mid cut when boosting the front of it with a mid forward drive (808)
- bass control, idk, a good nudge above noon sounds great, but gets too loose/woofy if turned too high, even with an 808 cutting the low end in front.
IMG_2177.jpeg
goes alright for a ~$50 investment

PuckishGuitar

Wife has Dior, I have ESP
Reaction score
Nice work, great sounds out of it! I have one of these on the workbench to build, along with some other boutique preamps. Really solid sounds out of it. Are you running it into the front or just the power section of your amp?

owlexifry

Reaction score
Nice work, great sounds out of it! I have one of these on the workbench to build, along with some other boutique preamps. Really solid sounds out of it. Are you running it into the front or just the power section of your amp?
cheers 🤙🏻
in the demo it’s running into the normal channel (bright switch on, crunch off).
haven’t tried it as a preamp into FX loop yet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.