Solid State amps.

• Thread starter Fryderyczek
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Bro, you have that Laney. I dont see why you'd need another amp! Its incredible. I play mine through a 4x12 with V30's.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
Bro, you have that Laney. I dont see why you'd need another amp! Its incredible. I play mine through a 4x12 with V30's.

I already said I don't have the amp, I have a cab from the IRT series.
Besides, IMO older solid states crush it.

don't know any entry level wireless units that would have 2 outputs like that but you really don't need that per se. Out of the wireless, you can run an A/B box to both amps.

Is it possible to get something like this: and run the Wireless to two amps?
http://www.bluestarmusic.com/assets/images/fish/fishman_acc-pbr-20c.jpg

longi

Reaction score
What about the Blackstar ID's? Although I am a bit of a tube snob I bought an ID15 as a practice amp and it's turned out to be one of the best amps I've ever bought! It covers just about every genre you can throw at it from Death metal to Jazz to funk to punk! I've owned Crate's and whatnot but the ID is a far superior amp to the Crate's IMO. It's changed the way I look at solid state amps now. I've not tried the Randall range though but I've heard they're very good.

Hertz32

Reaction score
I am selling my Laney IrT studio in favour of an AMT stonehead.
Just sounds, brilliant.
My girlfriend owns a Blackstar ID 60 tvp, and that is fantastic too btw. It djents really well, and the cleans are great! I agree with the statement that Valves are best for breakup and light crunch tones though.

aprilia4life

Reaction score
To the OP: Not sure why you had to point out the nationality of the person you were arguing with, in your original post. Do you make it a habit of identifying the nationality of people and making a point of it in your arguments? Might be a good habit to break?

slapnutz

Reaction score
Side question...... any suggestions for a SS amp that has 3 fully independent EQs? (either physical knobs or programmable)
Am aware of the Peavey XXL, other suggestions?

Theta is interesting. Whats the pro/cons of trying to get unique voicings with shared EQ amps such as the Theta, albeit with its dual independent Gain/s per channel?

Also for any historical experts, did Randall ever do 3 channel high gain SS amps?

Hertz32

Reaction score
The Stonehead has 2 1/2 EQ's... It has 4 channels with shared mid and bass controls between clean/crunch and lead1/lead2 withbeach channel gettibg its own treble control.

Randall have done a hybrid 3 channel, SS clean and OD with a 3rd valve OD channel. Cant remember which one it is but the guy from veil of maya uses it.

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
@ longi
I played these a while ago(The 40 watt I think)
Killer little amps.

@ Hertz32
Yeah, the AMT looks killer. It sure is on my list.

@aprilia4life
I didn't want to list any names.

@slapnutz
Crate GT3500H. Has a clean a rhythm and a lead channel. Each has separate eq(But the lead channel's is a bit weird)

@Wolfhorsky
A z kim mam przyjemność?
To oni zaczęli, nie ja.

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
Masz przyjemność ze sporo starszym kolegą z PL. Nie oni zaczęli gównoburzę, tylko Ty. Obiektywnie. Wyluzuj, to więcej zyskasz. Moja córka jest prawie w Twoim wieku i jest bardziej ogarnięta. Trzym się.

A co takiego zrobiłem? Wymieniłem nazwy dobrych tranzystorowych wzmaków. To takie złe?

EIT:proszę pozdrowić córkę.

EDIT2:What would you guys get, Marshall VS100+a homemade 4x12 or an 8100?

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
Nie o to chodzi, ale widzę że nie kumasz o co kaman. Newermańd.

My 0.02: get good 2x12" cab with 20-50W valve head (set clean) and amptweaker tight metal.

A o co chodzi? Ja na początku do żadnego nie sapałem, oni zaczęli na mnie naskakiwać.

Hertz32

Reaction score
Please, please, PLEASE stop typing in polish. It makes the discussion useless for anyone else that comes across it by google, or has a question you might have ansered.

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
Please, please, PLEASE stop typing in polish. It makes the discussion useless for anyone else that comes across it by google, or has a question you might have ansered.

Oh it wasn't about this topic. Our little chat was apparently about me being an asshole on UG and me being an idiot or something like that. The dude probably said that to avoid getting backlash/getting flamed by others.

Hertz32

Reaction score
Ah Okay, either way though. Its an english speaking forum ;)

What is your budget in total btw? If you are after a quality budget 2x12 or 4x12 then the Harley Benton cabs from thomann can come with celestion v30's reallly cheap.

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
Ah Okay, either way though. Its an english speaking forum ;)

What is your budget in total btw? If you are after a quality budget 2x12 or 4x12 then the Harley Benton cabs from thomann can come with celestion v30's reallly cheap.

No budget currently. I'm thinking stuff through. I thought about getting two Mesa 4x12's(one for the Ibanez TBX I'll get and one for my Randall) and run both amps at the same time with my guitar.

Hertz32

Reaction score
That would sound brutal!
I've put my IRT studio up for sale. NUX make a MIDI channel switcher that I can use with the Stonehead. So I can hook my POD HD500x up to the FX loop of the AMT to do my effects, and I can assign stonehead channel switching to POD Presets through MIDI too.

longi

Reaction score
Yes they're hybrids. I'm led to belive by a former Blackstar employee that the12ax7 produces all of the distortion characteristics and the solid state in the preamp section smooths out some of the more unruly elements. Not the other way round! The power amp section is valve. They're a bit of a marmite amp, you either like it or you don't! I can see why people don't like it as it's a bit sterile sounding but that doesn't mean you can't get a good sound out of them if you keep trying! I really do think the ID's are a watershed moment in modelling amps and solid state amps. The overdrive channels I just love if you do a side by side comparison the ID15 sounds sweeter than either the HT5C or the HT20C both loaded with Celestions. For the record I changed the HT5's Blackbird speaker with a Celestion Century 80 watt speaker. Even though the ID15 has a 10 inch speaker it just sounds great. I think with a speaker replacement it would be even better. The clean channels do sound like solid state next to a valve amp but they're very good in they're own right. It's become my go to amp while the HT5 sits on top of it gathering dust!

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
Yes they're hybrids. I'm led to belive by a former Blackstar employee that the12ax7 produces all of the distortion characteristics and the solid state in the preamp section smooths out some of the more unruly elements. Not the other way round! The power amp section is valve. They're a bit of a marmite amp, you either like it or you don't! I can see why people don't like it as it's a bit sterile sounding but that doesn't mean you can't get a good sound out of them if you keep trying! I really do think the ID's are a watershed moment in modelling amps and solid state amps. The overdrive channels I just love if you do a side by side comparison the ID15 sounds sweeter than either the HT5C or the HT20C both loaded with Celestions. For the record I changed the HT5's Blackbird speaker with a Celestion Century 80 watt speaker. Even though the ID15 has a 10 inch speaker it just sounds great. I think with a speaker replacement it would be even better. The clean channels do sound like solid state next to a valve amp but they're very good in they're own right. It's become my go to amp while the HT5 sits on top of it gathering dust!

I was looking at the head version and I think I'll grab it after the TBX.

')