Solid State amps.

• Thread starter Fryderyczek
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

longi

Reaction score
I was looking at the head version and I think I'll grab it after the TBX.

Been thinking of picking an ID60 up myself. The inclusion of midi would integrate it into my setup seamlessly plus the addition of presence and middle controls is very appealing indeed. Hope you enjoy it, I'm off to play mine now!! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

longi

Reaction score
I'd also be very interested to hear what it sounds like through a good quality cab and speaker. Let us all know!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cleaned up the drama. Anyone else who feels like inter-forum bashing and drama will be getting a VERY long nap. Got it? Sheesh. :noplease:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes I did. It's against forum rules and regulations. That goes for both sides of the argument.

p4vl

Reaction score
Only Randall I'd get would be one of the ooooold EC models (such as RG80EC, RG100EC). The ones that Dime used way back when. You won't sound like Dime without a bunch of rare outboard gear but those old EC Randalls have a lot of gain.

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
Only Randall I'd get would be one of the ooooold EC models (such as RG80EC, RG100EC). The ones that Dime used way back when. You won't sound like Dime without a bunch of rare outboard gear but those old EC Randalls have a lot of gain.
I know it clashes with my OP but I don't really want a Dime tone. I like his tone gain wise and structure(?) wise.

I used to have a Peavey XXL. Great amp with an EQ in the effects loop
Such a shame the only used one here is going for 700USD

Yes I did. It's against forum rules and regulations. That goes for both sides of the argument.

I could have stood my own ground for a bit longer, but still :cheers:

p4vl

Reaction score
I know it clashes with my OP but I don't really want a Dime tone. I like his tone gain wise and structure(?) wise.

You'd actually have to spend a lot of money to get Dime's tone. He used all kinds of obscure gear that now goes for an arm and a leg. Still, a lotta gain is a lotta gain, so don't discount ye olde Randalls.

The Crate GX130C is supposedly a clone of the Ampeg VH-150C, both are pretty brütal (Suffocation's Pierced From Within used the Ampeg, although it features a lot of studio magic).

akinari

Reaction score
Actually, Pierced from Within is a Marshall Valvestate 8100 boosted with either a Korg or Arion overdrive. Effigy of the Forgotten, Despise the Sun and I think Souls to Deny were cut with the Ampeg.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
A Korg A1, from what I've heard.

I THINK this is Ampeg VH140c?

I've also heard they used Valvestates a couple of times. This sounds like an 8100, and was one of the songs that convinced me to check out the amp.

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
A Korg A1, from what I've heard.

I THINK this is Ampeg VH140c?

I've also heard they used Valvestates a couple of times. This sounds like an 8100, and was one of the songs that convinced me to check out the amp.

Do you think I should go for the TBX, Jazz?
Ibanez Tbx 150h head gitarowy B
The dude wants 180USD for it.

You'd actually have to spend a lot of money to get Dime's tone. He used all kinds of obscure gear that now goes for an arm and a leg. Still, a lotta gain is a lotta gain, so don't discount ye olde Randalls.

The Crate GX130C is supposedly a clone of the Ampeg VH-150C, both are pretty brütal (Suffocation's Pierced From Within used the Ampeg, although it features a lot of studio magic).
I could have gotten a gx-130c 2x12. The dude wanted 100USD for it, but the shipping from Ohio to Poland was about 250USD:lol:

Actually, Pierced from Within is a Marshall Valvestate 8100 boosted with either a Korg or Arion overdrive. Effigy of the Forgotten, Despise the Sun and I think Souls to Deny were cut with the Ampeg.
After I get the TBX I think a VS100(or a vs8100 if I can find one) is going to be my next amp.

EDIT:One more thing. I found this:
Marshall Lead 1960 AV Vintage (5326880091) - Allegro.pl - Wi
One of the Marshall 1960 Vintage with these g12 70 watt speakers or some .....
Now. It says that 8 ohm stereo and 4/16 mono. That means it runs 8 ohms on all 4 speakers and can run either 4 or 16 on two, right?
Or is it the other way around?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
$180 is a good price for a TBX, especially in that condition. Looks pretty mint to me.

And it means that you can run either a 4ohm load or 16ohm amp with all 4 speakers engaged, or two 8ohm amps with 2 speakers on each side.

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
$180 is a good price for a TBX, especially in that condition. Looks pretty mint to me.

And it means that you can run either a 4ohm load or 16ohm amp with all 4 speakers engaged, or two 8ohm amps with 2 speakers on each side.

Thanks very much. :cheers:

Looks like my rig is set. Randall RG1503H+Ibanez TBX150 and one 4x12 Marshall 1960 AV for each amp :metal:

One more thing. Would I be able to just stick the cable into one of the inputs on the TBX if the cab would be set in 4 ohm mode?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Both outputs are 4 ohms. 4 ohms out is 150w, 8ohms is 100w, and 16ohms is 75 or 50w. Don't remember.

')