Solid Tube amps on a budget. Help?

• Thread starter GuitaristOfHell
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mniel8195

Reaction score
blackstar is made in korea but are great amps
jet city with mods are awesome
you can pick up a used 5150 or 6550 for not much more! thats what i would do. if all else fails i would get a blackstar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scookers

Reaction score
My buddy has a 3120. He loves the thing. I have the 6505+. I love the thing. I recommend the peaveys. I've only heard the bad things about the Bugeras. Never used one though, so it's just hear say for me. I just know I love mine. Now you said you need good cleans, the 6505 isn't that great for the cleans. Unless you like a little grit to it. Which I do. You can dial it in pretty decent for the cleans though. The biggest thing is that they are US made and created to kill. I'd go try some shit out at guitar center. They let anyone play on that shit. I think it's pretty crazy to let some kids come in and bang on that shit, but they don't seem to give a shit. Go there and act all cool and shit and bang it before you buy it.

asilayamazing

Reaction score
Peaveys can surprise BIG TIME. One that really caught me off guard recently was the 3120. It's killer for the cash.
its a xxx/ ultra plus re-branded man!!! got my ultra for 350 shipped. 3120 is an ultra with el34's instead of 6l6gc's only difference plus independent eq instead of shared on ultra.

Save a few hundred and just grab an ultra plus + eq pedal or an old xxx for $400-500 instead of new 3120 $1100

')