Solo 8 string project now online!

Hesitateanddie

I like to experiment
Reaction score
Hey guys n galls, firstly a big thanks to all who helped me build the beast that is my RGA8 decked with seymore duncan blackouts and setup up beautifully!!

My solo project now has a myspace!! please check it out and I would love some feedback on what you all think. The music is progressive experimental metal. only two songs up so far but I will be adding lots and lots more over next year.

Chromatic Aberration on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads :shred:

THANKYOU!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
Yeah, I can tell immediately how much the blackouts have made a difference in tone from stock, but what setup are you running it through? I rather like the tone. Not too trebly like some and not too middy or bassy either. Its quite a good sound. Digital/solid state or tube setup?

whisper

Reaction score
dude, both songs are badass - the kick drums @ 2:23 on Experimental - sick. Very well put together - you thinking of some type of vocals or something 'cynic' like?

Hesitateanddie

I like to experiment
Reaction score
Wow!! thanks guys for all the great feedback! :hbang: I should have another new WIP song I can post in a few days, I have lots of songs in WIP stage that I just need to get through

In response to the vocal question,

"No im not going to be adding any vocals to my music. In my other band our vocalist is more into the black & hardcore stuff and doesn't sing too much. Our bass player did most of the singing but he has now departed us to live in Queensland :(.... "

In response to what my setup is, no its not solid state/tube/valve.. prepare to be shocked.. haha its not a complicated setup :scratch:

"RGA8 with SD blackouts, replaced the active eq shit with a tone pot, 9V battery mod & .10 to .65 strings. Then I run that DI into my pc via an Edirol UA-25EX at 24bit 44.1Hz capture with onboard hardware compressors and 're-amp' every patch through Sonar Producer and Guitar Rig Pro. Drums are Superior drummer pro with a mix of my own drum programing and some metal foundry patches that I mod to suit my riffs, (all under 64bit windows 7 but I wont go into that stuff, my PC is just beefcake to handle the load) After all of that computer gibberish the SOUND is pumped out via 2 KRK rokit 6's run via the UA-25EX balanced outputs. After the mix on the studio monitors I move the song over to a set of Dahli concept 10's and a dalhi sub to listen to a 'shaped' version of the mix".

So thats my setup, not complicated and not too expensive. A very minimalistic home studio setup.

Samarus

Reaction score
Whoa, nice! I am impressed. It kinda reminds me of Periphery. Check out mine too, man!

It's called Samarus. I have a facebook page

Hesitateanddie

I like to experiment
Reaction score
Great stuff man! sounds a little like animals as leaders, the btbam sweep video is epic, wish i was a bit faster with my sweeping. :wallbash: i am practicing to get faster for a part in a new song thats on its way.

Samarus

Reaction score
Thank you very much :)
That was pretty much how the summer was spent as far as music goes!
It took me a little while to get those down, but it's been almost a year ago now... time flies!

failshredder

hammer every cock
Reaction score
')