Soloing on a 7?

• Thread starter jori1995
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
my idea was that I buy a really awesome 6 string now and maybe a 7 string in a few years or so, cuz I'm only 15 now.
I don't see how age factors into it, unless you just want the higher end 6 string to make fun of people older than you who use lower end models or something.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

filipe200x

Custom is better
Reaction score
Little North Korean Girl Playing Guitar

Shredding and playing well depends way more on the quality of your fingering than on the thickness of your guitar neck. Otherwise there wouldn't be little korean girls playing virtuoso music on a thick acoustic 6-string nylon guitar neck (which is wider than most 7's by Ibanez by the way).

_itsballs

My back f**kin' hurts, bro
Reaction score
Honestly I'd get a 7; even though you may be playing in the high register more often, it's just good to have options. Also, the kinds of chords you can acheive with a 7 give you such wider range and depth as opposed to a 6 :2c:

_itsballs

My back f**kin' hurts, bro
Reaction score
i can't say much about schecters myself but i largely agree with this post. it has to feel right, but that also means you have to physically play it before you get one! i'm not sure if you're trying to buy one in a store or via mail order/ebay/forums, but if schecters have funny QC issues you'll definitely need one in your hands to know for sure if it's for you.

Being a schecter owner and having tried several models, my experience is once I played one I essentially played them all IMO

')