Solution for various tunings, same guitar

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Necrobump/Update - I used the Capo for a few gigs and it worked OK, but i found myself still spending alot of time tuning the Capo'd guitar just to fine tune after putting the Capo on.

So....turns out the POD HD pro built in pitch shifter is polyphonic - I had no idea! I just set up a patch when the Pitch glider post amp 1/2 test up (1.0 on setting) - sounds good! Problem solved!

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
glad to hear it worked out ok, sorry I didn't even know you had a Pod HD to start with. I do exactly the same thing. All my guitars are in Drop C#/Eb for myband, but I often use the pitch shifter to raise it half a step so I can practise/learn licks in standard tuning.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Captain..thanks man. After a bit more playing around with the pitch shifter ive found its a tone sucker. Obvious on clean settings, but the distortion kinda hides it. I could def use it live for distorted songs. We are adding a sevendust song so im going to bite the bullet and just tune it to B, and use that guitar only for those 3 songs. If i break a string on another guitar ill just tune it down a half step real quick.

Good to know i could though...

NinjaRaf

Reaction score
I just transpose everything to the same tuning so I dont have to switch guitars.

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
Change the tuning of the songs maybe?

I play with guitar pro and find that a lot of the tabs are written in a different tuning than the version of a song I want to Jam with.

Eg) I like jamming to a band's live album tuned to B standard, but the majority of the tabs are based on the original recording at a different tuning, for example C#, C, and some in D.

Instead of transposing, I learn the song in C#, or whatever the tab is written as, then play the same positions but on a B tuned guitar with the live track.

If everyone in the band stays at the lowest tuning and doesn't transpose, but simply play the same positions as if the guitars/bass was the proper tuning it should be fine and produce a heavier sound.

This may become complicated with drop tunings. I don't ever use them so I can't elaborate there.

')