Some Daemoness "Singularity" 7 tuneage!

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
So I recently recorded my entire 3 track EP with just my Daemoness Singularity 7. I was hesitant at first to use just one guitar for an entire album but this guitar is a beast and handled it really well. I'm really happy with the way the album sounds. The guitar tones turned out fantastic! I used a set of Bareknuckle Blackhawks in the guitar, which aren't the ideal set of pickups for this kind of music but they seemed to hold up quite well. I'm probably going to swap out this set for a set of Juggernauts soon. I got a set of Juggs in my RAN Crusher and they're amazing.

The EP was mixed and mastered by Keshav Dhar of Skyharbor. And there's a guest solo by Joe Marro in this track.

Anyway here's the track, let me know what you guys think!

Here's an obligatory daemoness shot!
CoverPhoto_zps5c99bce4.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zepedro15

Reaction score
Awesome dude! How do you get those effects at the beggining of the song? Cheers!

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Awesome dude! How do you get those effects at the beggining of the song? Cheers!

Thanks man! It's a combination of two ambient patches on the Axe FX II and a synth patch on my Roland Juno Di!

Really cool track! I'm glad to hear another Daemoness on a record. Keep it up! Please let us know how the Juggernauts do in that guitar whenever you get to swap them in.

Thanks for checking it out man. It'll be a while before I can afford to swap out the Blackhawks for a set of Juggernauts, but I'll definitely record a few clips with the RAN soon.

good solo :yesway:

Thanks! The solo was written and recorded by Joe Marro. You can check out some of his other stuff on YouTube.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Deadly man!! Great recording. Loved your playing.
Your Daemoness is insanely cool!!

TraE

Reaction score
Awesome track man.. btw is that a real drummer or a drum track?

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score

Thorerges

Reaction score
I am going to be completely honest here - I was getting ready to really laugh and smirk at this. It had all the signs of being another djent track that sounded like Meshuggah/Periphery/Tesseract bandwagon. Not that Prog Metal isn't great, i love that stuff - but it seems like every band was doing the same thing.

I was pleasantly surprised however, this is really, really well written. You know a lot of people post music here that we all check out - but this really stands out as being sublimely written and very purchase-worthy.

I am surprised you actually tracked this with your setup. Blackhawks are pretty, well - high output pickups great for Metal. I am surprised at how nice the guitar sounds considering this isn't a death metal band or something - reflective of both your excellent playing and recording talents as well as the actual pickups as well.

Subscribed, hopefully the rest of the EP is just as good.

Oh, killer guitar too! How do you like your Daemoness? I wanted to put a deposit for ages, but a lack of critical reviews is putting me off ever so slightly.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
I am going to be completely honest here - I was getting ready to really laugh and smirk at this. It had all the signs of being another djent track that sounded like Meshuggah/Periphery/Tesseract bandwagon. Not that Prog Metal isn't great, i love that stuff - but it seems like every band was doing the same thing.

I was pleasantly surprised however, this is really, really well written. You know a lot of people post music here that we all check out - but this really stands out as being sublimely written and very purchase-worthy.

I am surprised you actually tracked this with your setup. Blackhawks are pretty, well - high output pickups great for Metal. I am surprised at how nice the guitar sounds considering this isn't a death metal band or something - reflective of both your excellent playing and recording talents as well as the actual pickups as well.

Subscribed, hopefully the rest of the EP is just as good.

Oh, killer guitar too! How do you like your Daemoness? I wanted to put a deposit for ages, but a lack of critical reviews is putting me off ever so slightly.

Hey man, thanks for the kind words. I know a lot of "djent" bands have overused and abused the whole "space" theme. But the thing is I've been doing it since early 2007 before "space" was even cool, haha. I tend to get put into the same category as them quite often but that's alright as long as people give it a chance, like you did.

I was equally surprised about the tones I was able to get out of the Blackhawks. They're great for high gain stuff but it was a bit hard to squeeze clarity out of them. The end result was quite satisfactory though. The clean and ambient tones turned out great in my opinion, but I recently got a guitar loaded with Juggernauts and I think those pickups are PERFECT for this kind of music. There's just so so so much more clarity.

As for the Daemoness, I love that guitar to death. It's a monstrous guitar. It's a total riff machine in my opinion. The build quality is fantastic. I only had a few issues with the finish, but that was because of the ridiculous climate change in India. That's the only problem i've ever had with the guitar, really. I've owned a lot of guitars in the past and the Daemoness is the only one that's not bowed ridiculously in the Indian climate. It's a hard guitar and nothing can f*ck with it, haha. Definitely going to swap out the BHs for a set of Juggernauts when I can afford it. If you're in the market for a new guitar, I highly recommend Daemoness and/or Waghorn Guitars. They both know how to build a serious instrument. If you want to know more about my Daemoness feel free to ping me on Facebook or shoot me a PM here.

Thanks again for giving the track a chance.

Cheers

Randy D

Reaction score
I was thoroughly impresed with your work. This is outstanding and very enjoyable i feel that the pups had an impact but the playing and the quality of how it was tracked helped smooth out your suspected ripples. Keep up the amazing work and good luck on acquiring the Juggs....Send those Blackhawks my way plz... .....lol....

Congrats

Cheers

-Randy D

TraE

Reaction score
Haha, success then! That's Superior Drummer 2.0 with Metal Machine right there.

Lmao, I was gonna say, dude.. if that wasn't a drum track your drummer is a machine! Regardless, still a great track.

EDIT: Oh, and you should take more pics of dat Daemoness.. it looks so f'n tasty! Daemoness is seriously #1 on my ultimate GAS list.

Thorerges

Reaction score
Hey man, thanks for the kind words. I know a lot of "djent" bands have overused and abused the whole "space" theme. But the thing is I've been doing it since early 2007 before "space" was even cool, haha. I tend to get put into the same category as them quite often but that's alright as long as people give it a chance, like you did.

I was equally surprised about the tones I was able to get out of the Blackhawks. They're great for high gain stuff but it was a bit hard to squeeze clarity out of them. The end result was quite satisfactory though. The clean and ambient tones turned out great in my opinion, but I recently got a guitar loaded with Juggernauts and I think those pickups are PERFECT for this kind of music. There's just so so so much more clarity.

As for the Daemoness, I love that guitar to death. It's a monstrous guitar. It's a total riff machine in my opinion. The build quality is fantastic. I only had a few issues with the finish, but that was because of the ridiculous climate change in India. That's the only problem i've ever had with the guitar, really. I've owned a lot of guitars in the past and the Daemoness is the only one that's not bowed ridiculously in the Indian climate. It's a hard guitar and nothing can f*ck with it, haha. Definitely going to swap out the BHs for a set of Juggernauts when I can afford it. If you're in the market for a new guitar, I highly recommend Daemoness and/or Waghorn Guitars. They both know how to build a serious instrument. If you want to know more about my Daemoness feel free to ping me on Facebook or shoot me a PM here.

Thanks again for giving the track a chance.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply dude, no problem at all. I see you are also into robotics, a lot of my friends from India are into the physical sciences, you also happen to be - which is pretty sweet.

Whenever you have an EP out for sale, just post it - this is something I think people will like a lot. I'll be shooting you an e-mail about your Daemoness soon. Just keep making music man!

P.S Thanks for the Juggernauts recommendation, I was sold on blackhawks myself - might have to get both and see how they work out.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply dude, no problem at all. I see you are also into robotics, a lot of my friends from India are into the physical sciences, you also happen to be - which is pretty sweet.

Whenever you have an EP out for sale, just post it - this is something I think people will like a lot. I'll be shooting you an e-mail about your Daemoness soon. Just keep making music man!

P.S Thanks for the Juggernauts recommendation, I was sold on blackhawks myself - might have to get both and see how they work out.

Yeah man, i'm looking to do my masters in Robotics next year. Most Indians get channeled into the medical stream or the physical sciences. Majority of them not by their choice, haha.

Feel free to mail me anytime. And the EP is going to be available for free download soon so don't worry about buying it. Spread the word and you'll be doing me a hugeee favour. Thanks again man.

Lmao, I was gonna say, dude.. if that wasn't a drum track your drummer is a machine! Regardless, still a great track.

EDIT: Oh, and you should take more pics of dat Daemoness.. it looks so f'n tasty! Daemoness is seriously #1 on my ultimate GAS list.

Haha, yeah the drum parts are a bit intense. But i'm pretty sure a drummer can pull it off. I know a guy that gave this a whirl and said it was all good.

I've got a bunch of pictures of it on my Tumblr page.
Shreyas Skandan

I was thoroughly impresed with your work. This is outstanding and very enjoyable i feel that the pups had an impact but the playing and the quality of how it was tracked helped smooth out your suspected ripples. Keep up the amazing work and good luck on acquiring the Juggs....Send those Blackhawks my way plz... .....lol....

Congrats

Cheers

-Randy D

Haha, i'll have to sell the BHs if I got the Juggernauts man. I'll definitely keep you in the loop if i'm looking to get rid of them though.

Thanks for the kind words regarding the music. Much appreciated!