Some feedback on a painting would be sweet.

• Thread starter catalan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

catalan

Reaction score
Did this in photoshop cs5. I used a reference so i didn't draw it out of imagination. Any feedback would be highly appreciated! :metal:

tumblr_mf965igoff1rwd3f7o1_r1_1280.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aghasura

Reaction score
It's absolutely excellent, man. Let me know if you might be interested in doing some cover work for an upcoming album.

flo

Reaction score
looks like an antique Greek statue, the first second I thought you posted your reference :lol: Stunning work!

If I have one criticism, it is that the line between the nose and the background is very sharp, it sort of jumps into your eye. Maybe soften that a little? Again, it's a very cool picture!

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
Looks fantastic! but I do have to agree with flo...
Other than that... flawless man :D

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
The one thing I'd say about this is that hard outline on the edge of his face, it's a bit jarring whereas if it's more of the middle-to-slightly-darker but not the absolute darkest gray then it'll appear more natural to the eye

Aside from that it's fantastic

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
When you wrote "painting" in the thread title, I thought this would be a painting made with paint, like in real life, and you took a photograph. I can't really have an opinion on digital painting because of the fact that you can undo any little mistake with relative ease. This is coming from an art fan/artist whose main medium is acrylic on canvas. And when I make mistakes, it's awful. Maybe I should take up photoshop art..

GizmoJunior

Reaction score
Nice job man, reminds me of something my dad would do. He's always making digital art with photoshop or Maya.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
I like it.

It reminds me of an old song lyric:
"Golden hair of macrame
Against the face that's cut from stone...."

Double plus good!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
When you wrote "painting" in the thread title, I thought this would be a painting made with paint, like in real life, and you took a photograph. I can't really have an opinion on digital painting because of the fact that you can undo any little mistake with relative ease. This is coming from an art fan/artist whose main medium is acrylic on canvas. And when I make mistakes, it's awful. Maybe I should take up photoshop art..

If you already use a physical medium and understand color and working from light to dark or vice versa, then your biggest challenge is just getting used to drawing on some sort of tablet/Photoshop in general but after that most Ive seen who can paint with real materials quickly catch up to pros

catalan

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the amazing feedback and critique! The hard outline around the face is just something I look to do on some of my pieces. I admit it didn't have the desired effect on this particular piece.

')