Some Guitar Pro preproduction :)

• Thread starter Josh_Conlee
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Josh_Conlee

GRVMND 2014
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
If you can play that, then fine. The starting piano was kinda meh, but with some proper synth sounds that might be good.

Composition is actually pretty damn good.

Josh_Conlee

GRVMND 2014
Reaction score
If you can play that, then fine. The starting piano was kinda meh, but with some proper synth sounds that might be good.

Composition is actually pretty damn good.

Why thank you sir, when I actually record this I'm sure I'll find something more interesting with one of my vst plugins (I was just limited with what guitar pro had to offer). But I plan to record this using real guitars, synths, and superior drummer when I get it all written out

thedrummerkid

Sweater Bandit
Reaction score
MIDICORE FTW.
i like it dude. i love the synths at the end.
it makes me feel like angels are about to murder me.
classy.

Skanky

Reaction score
Nice composition - I like it a lot. I do think it sounds a bit "rushed". Slow the tempo down a little.

Josh_Conlee

GRVMND 2014
Reaction score
Nice composition - I like it a lot. I do think it sounds a bit "rushed". Slow the tempo down a little.

It's at like 135 right now, how much would you reccommend slowing it, I obviously want to find the right balance, to the point where it sounds like it flows, but it doesn't sound like the tempo is dragging

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I write my music in Guitar Pro too, it's a nice medium for doing so eh? Sweeto. That said, this didn't exactly give me a hard on. I don't mean to be a dick, it's just that many of the concepts do not transfer well to reality from Guitar Pro, i.e. the piano in the beginning. :shrug: And the end is just to blatantly dark that it's like "ooo, evil. sweet... :rolleyes:" Know what I mean?

Just opinions here.

Josh_Conlee

GRVMND 2014
Reaction score
I write my music in Guitar Pro too, it's a nice medium for doing so eh? Sweeto. That said, this didn't exactly give me a hard on. I don't mean to be a dick, it's just that many of the concepts do not transfer well to reality from Guitar Pro, i.e. the piano in the beginning. :shrug: And the end is just to blatantly dark that it's like "ooo, evil. sweet... :rolleyes:" Know what I mean?

Just opinions here.

yeah I kind of understand where you're coming from, I'm going to keep tweaking this until it's done, so this is still far from it's final form. Hopefully I can find something that actually works when I really record it

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I like it a lot more now!

To fade, go to the control edit and choose volume level 1 and choose the amount of bars you want the fade to be over. Bada bing bada boom.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
I enjoyed that quite a bit. Some parts reminded me of The Faceless, some of Born of Osiris.

This is somewhat similar to the stuff I write, which I also do in Guitar Pro. I'm interested to hear the actual recordings.

Also, to fade out in GP5, right click on the note you want to start the fade out from.
Right click > select Mix Table or press F10 > click Volume checkbox > select new volume and transition time.

Edit: Ninja'd by The Armada. Doesn't that just sound badass. :lol:

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
LOL. Song title on my next release. Done.

h8leech

Valkyrie Treaty
Reaction score
man.... only if my old school nintendo games had music scores like this on them... kicking some demon ass on super ghouls and ghost.... will kick ass when you get it done with guitars n drums yo

Josh_Conlee

GRVMND 2014
Reaction score
man.... only if my old school nintendo games had music scores like this on them... kicking some demon ass on super ghouls and ghost.... will kick ass when you get it done with guitars n drums yo

Thanks man, I hope to actually have this recorded with real instruments (and superior drummer) soon

Latest posts

')