Some guitars are too funny not to post

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Aaaaaaaand... I just bought one of these for my daughter... The tiger one. :noplease:

At least she wants to learn. Ibanez Mikro here i come :idea:

Very very cool for a young aspiring player! Seems as if they retain some decent features not found on typical "toy" type guitars. Bet she's gonna fall in love with it. Good luck with her musical development! :)

I didn't really notice the buttplug-looking strap buttom initially, being distracted by the appearance that the bunny is having a pickup jammed into its mouth.

Same/ X2 lol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blue1970Cutlass

emberwolfmusic.com
Reaction score
Oh yeah!
3cf7_1.jpg

downburst82

Reaction score
Aaaaaaaand... I just bought one of these for my daughter... The tiger one. :noplease:

My daughter cant decide between the ladybug and the rabbit. I figure if I we get the rabbit I will put a white cover lace sensor in and paint the poor rabbit some proper teeth on it.....also maybe move that strap button..

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
My daughter cant decide between the ladybug and the rabbit. I figure if I we get the rabbit I will put a white cover lace sensor in and paint the poor rabbit some proper teeth on it.....also maybe move that strap button..

That's awesome! I'd love to see that mod. Yep... If she picks the rabbit maybe move that button to the bottom of the foot... and for Heaven's sake use a little filler and white paint to restore the bunny's modesty! lol

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
Very very cool for a young aspiring player! Seems as if they retain some decent features not found on typical "toy" type guitars. Bet she's gonna fall in love with it. Good luck with her musical development! :)

I wish i could put a 7 or 8 in her hands to start :lol:

But it will give us something to do and connect on over skype... Daddy / daughter guitar lesson hour!

Ill just get a mikro for when she is here to play on... Paint / swirl it pink / purple for her...

Both my daughters will play something... My profile pic shows my youngest... Bringing her up right! (A different Rondo guitar below...)
0110161310a_zpsxt3mu4qe.jpg

That sounds like a solid idea! Post pics!

Guess these "kiddo guitars" arent such a bad nod after all!

downburst82

Reaction score
^thats awesome

And mine

12646876_10153300992637190_8484205279669595976_o.jpg

She has just recently gotten interested in trying to play mine. She has been doing a little bit of piano lessons but we are trying to keep stuff low pressure and not push her into stuff or overload her with lessons yet (she is still only 5) and let her pick what she want to do/try out (Music or otherwise). It is cool that she finally is interested in guitar because it means we got to start figuring out what kind she wanted.
Just at the beginning of the week I remembered about the rondo kids guitars and me and her went through and like I said before she couldn't decide between the ladybug and the bunny (she didn't like the dog or tiger because "they are just heads without bodies" :lol:).

She decided tonight she wants the bunny :yesway:

It will be a birthday present in April but I will probably order it next week just to make sure I get it in one to mod it for her birthday :agreed:

downburst82

Reaction score
^thing is I could totally get down with the Grim Reaper ....OR the cool red pinstriping...but there is ZERO continuity putting them together :noplease:

.....but hey I liked that Fernandes on the last page and am going to be painting teeth on a rabbit guitar...so take my opinions with a grain of salt :lol:

*edit* ok the pinstripes kind of look like the grim reaper scythe...red=Blood ...continuity obtained! OK I'm down :yesway:

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't you get the red one pondman?

TBH I found all of those Gibson robot guitars they produced in the mid 00's :barf: inducing.

No, I'd only get one if it was cheap enough.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know what's funny about this guitar?

They did it again in 2013.

LPXHYCHP-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

I don't get the h8 on this one as much.

They fixed probably the two biggest/most perplexing complaints on the original: the goofy shape and the bizarre 23 frets.

This is what they should have released originally. Take their best selling shape, and run with it.

Having actually played a Firebird X, I gotta say, the electronics system on these things is pretty fun. Nothing I think I'd every really use (I just don't need that level of flexibility), but I can see where it could go if folks didn't instantly hate it for no real reason.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
SP-ELT-PKBB.jpg

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised, if some people love this shape for some reason...
I like the color combination on that, but the body shape and headstock is whack :nuts: Would look sick on a Skervesen or Daemoness or something like that.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I don't even get this

14kin1w.jpg

on Chicago CL

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
I'd rock that.

I always wanted to see something completely harmless in death metal font.

Babies wrapped in Silk, sunshine and daisies, puppy breath, etc.

')