Some guitars are too funny not to post

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

totalnewb

Reaction score
Fresh off the toile- Err... presses.

12622398_791453537650704_1455508167037494099_o.jpg

Are they selling these currently? if so where? I want one.

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
^Trans white looks hideous to me in 99% of cases... Probably worst finish ever.

Mvotre

Reaction score
regarding Kiesels (and highly OT). Where is the thread about the faulty Carvin? I think the Kiesel guys threatened the OP and he removed the thread??? :eek:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
johns.jpg

That's a Jem Floral with a Strat neck replacement and a retrofitted TOM.

quan.png

That used to be an RG, and also with a strat neck replacement.

Those poor Ibbys... :(

Wern

Reaction score
The Spanish luthier Bazaga has a particular gallery of horrors:

stereocaster.jpg

statocaste.jpg

crazy_ratllada.jpg

crazy_rombos.jpg

Have you seen a furry Telecaster before?

tele_bull.jpg

marcwormjim

Reaction score
regarding Kiesels (and highly OT). Where is the thread about the faulty Carvin? I think the Kiesel guys threatened the OP and he removed the thread??? :eek:

Not quite. Kiesel is an ss.org sponsor, and...

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/off-topic/193766-why-you-mad-right-now-222.html

Here are some more hideous guitars:

When a customer ordered a guitar inspired by a fruit gusher they discovered on the bottom of their sneaker, Jeff politely suggested that an enormous bevel two-thirds of the way through the top could make it look even worse, and still manage to be expensive as hell:

l386lmb.jpg

Are you seeing glare? You hope you're seeing glare.

BvSSCjM.jpg

This inspired a headless design:

uukXRKb.jpg

Many companies will paint a guitar up like a racecar, but only Jeff Kiesel goes that extra step to paint on the tires:

Y6SS6bF.jpg

Following public criticism of .*Strandberg Guitarworks and Unnecessary Punctuation's poor quality of "figured koa" used on their limited-edition OS run, Jeff Kiesel was quick to show potential customers that Kiesel Guitars and Basses could produce the ULTIMATE in tops that resembled diarrhea:

blbDvY8.jpg

"Alright, I think I have everything you've specified down for the order. Would you like to add some puke-green metal knobs, to take it up another notch? Hmm...I suppose we could keep the tops chrome, if you're willing to pay the Kiesel-treatment upcharge."

70bEg1x.jpg

Binding by Dali. These aesthetic choices can all be explained by Jeff Kiesel's eyeballs being two different shapes:

Uo9dh3t.jpg

In fairness, you can write jokes for most of the tricked-out Aries models.

xzacx

Reaction score
You can't even give Carvin the benefit of the doubt and use the excuse that they're just making what their customers order, because their own samples are often so bad that it could just as easily be one of their creations.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just to be 100% clear again the mod staff had NOTHING to do with the removal of the Carvin thread, Alex removed it. His forum, his decision.

marcwormjim

Reaction score
I'm aware. Just posting silly guitars:

"NEW FOR 2016, KIESEL 'BLOODY DIAPER' TREATMENT, AVAILABLE AS OPTION-50 UPCHARGE!!! WILL BE PERSONALLY HAND-WIPED BY JEFF KIESEL, MOTHER'S DAY DISCOUNT LIMITED TO FIRST 5,000 ORDERS in 2016 ##BLOODYDIAPERSTRONG ##GODIAPERLESS ## BLOODYDIAPERGUITAR ##FAMILYOWNED

uopyD7T.jpg

runbirdman

Lackawanna County Volunteer Sheriff's Deputy
Reaction score
The Kiesel showcase guitars seem to be an example of trying everything they can do but they shouldn't. I will say that the Kiesel models are building a brand identity; the foundation of which is bevels, odd paint schemes, and absolutely no bent top guitars. They are one of the few companies that I literally enjoy 0 of their exhibition models.

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
You don't have to put a top on an Aries or Vader just because Jeff likes to do so. I personally think both designs look great without a top, and awful (9 out of 10 times) with tops. Less is definitely more, it's just that some people think "if less is more how much more would MORE be?"

A-Branger

Reaction score
to be honest the only laughable guitar out of that bunch in the first one. All the other ones you posted are pretty cool looking guitars with beautiful tops/colors (if, IF.. you ignore hte big bevel).

that "diarreah" top you say, I think i looks amazing with the white pups and fretoboard combo. It could use some gold hardware too

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
It's pretty unfortunate that the Kiesel PR machine is causing frustrations to flow into a thread like this. I don't care for the many tops/Affliction-esque overkill on Jeff's personal collection, but I'd rock that orange Vader in a second.
Too bad their moves make me increasingly less likely to want to order one.

The Bazanga stuff, on the other hand, seems like a competent luthier with shockingly bad taste.

Heroooh

Deer Napkin
Reaction score
Id love a cowhide tele, wacky looking but so country. It would fit my crooked personality perfectly, Id probably play some vegan music with it

A-Branger

Reaction score
puke-green metal knobs, to take it up another notch?

I almost forgot about this one.

They are not green. They are chrome, the guitar is green, the guitar bounces green light + the chrome work as a "mirror" = "green" knobs.

you dont need to understand photography to see that :rolleyes:

they could have "fix" that in photoshop, but that really is being picky

marcwormjim

Reaction score
Disclaimer: Nothing I claimed in my captions were true. Except for the bloody diaper one.

')