Some guitars are too funny not to post

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kisielk

Reaction score
00t0t_eU3RdZMH5L2_1200x900.jpg

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is this worth it? Epiphone Les Paul Custom with Gibson Open Book Headstock.. It's had 2 headstock repairs..
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/msg/d/san-diego-japan-epiphone-les-paul-custom/7034149062.html

I don't see a price.

That thing has been played into the ground. If you have the tools and know how to fix it up on your own, I don't see any harm in throwing $200 or $300 bucks at it.

Anything else and you can get a good LP something or other in much better shape.

kisielk

Reaction score
Does this even have pickups? What are the knobs for?
I have no idea. It was posted on Craigslist with the invitation to “check it out this weekend at the flea market”. Might just be one of those guitars for display only.

it also has what looks like a hard tail bridge, but a locking nut...

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I don't see a price.

That thing has been played into the ground. If you have the tools and know how to fix it up on your own, I don't see any harm in throwing $200 or $300 bucks at it.

Anything else and you can get a good LP something or other in much better shape.

But anything that's been played into the ground has to be good enough that someone wanted to play it into the ground.

11 years ago I went to Guitar Center so I could get a white Epi Les Paul Custom. I played every one they had and I hated all of them, so I started trying out pretty much ever other Les Paul they had. There was a a white Gibson Studio that was pretty good, but I tried a nice looking Standard (that was way over what I could spend) they had I'd been eyeing the whole time that cost entirely too much.

I traded in every guitar (other than my first one) and pedal I had to put towards it and my dad covered the rest. And 11 years later, it's still pretty much the only guitar I play. I have a bunch of guitars, but that's the only one I sound like me on.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I wonder what his budget is for novelty custom instruments. They are all great, but none of them look cheap, and every time I see a photo, he is holding a different one.

Good question, I haven't read up but maybe there's some go to guy who does them.

Adieu

Reaction score
sorry but I can't make a decision here -

- is this a girl with a small breast or is it a boy with a big breast?

It's a hobbit... a seemingly asexual creature with shaved armpits but very hairy feet.

A new invasive species in what appears to be the Midwest.

Screenshot_2019-12-09-04-37-30-1.png

Last edited:

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score

Typically I hate Gibson. I think this was a robot that had a bunch of FX in it. Remove the robot tuners and the stupid X inlay, and I'd play the shit out of that guitar.

When you play electronic extreme baroque classical experimental music with black metal influences and you need a guitar to fit your style...
View attachment 75346

This is Igorrr's guitar.

Its clear that is a functional guitar and not a piece of art because the only parts of the guitar that don't look like a bag of smashed assholes are the fretboard, pickups and bridge.

Edit: Though I wouldn't want to play it out of fear of tetanus.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
I don't know if everyone finds this one funny, but i played this at the Guitar Center in West Hollywood. It's a USA RC7, but the Floyd was replaced with something like they would use on a headless. It felt good but you couldnt reach the fine tuners with your fingers, making it impossible to tune. They also strung it backwards... I feel I should also mention that it's as gross as the rest of LA!
20191209_140202.jpg
20191209_140252.jpg
20191209_140230.jpg

')