Some guitars are too funny not to post

Demiurge

Reaction score
Of course, DQC would need internal authority over in-stock builds as well. Let's not forget that some of the most egregious specimens are inside jobs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
That Kiesel Zeus was a part of a small batch of 5. It seemed like they got ahold of some glow-in-the-dark resin, had some Buckeye that would otherwise have been scrapped, and made 5 guitars. My guess is that they were practice for the Felix Martin 16-string they made him.

An additional layer of amusing: they are also painted in a trans color-shift paint on top of the buckeye and glow-in-the-dark resin. The paint works best over black, so because everything is so light, it's hard to see this color shift paint, but it's there.

Here was a 2nd one from that same batch (and yes: it sold):
https://www.kieselguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/141480
141480b.jpg

MoonJelly

a subtle stinging sensation..
Reaction score
I think Kiesel just spins a wheel for finishes, honestly. It's like the price is right, you might get a nickel, a dollar, or you might spin too many times and get disqualified :lol:

spudmunkey

Reaction score
They are definitely an interesting company. You get some like this, where it's experiementations from the factory that they are willing to sell (or who knows...maybe this was a group decision and they all thought it would be awsome), or then you read the comments to their posts and you see people asking, "Can you do a black-to-red-to-greed color-shift crackle, over a white, purple and pink splatter, with bright green pickup covers and knobs? With an orange-painted roasted maple neck. Oh, and can you also put dark trans purple over figured koa on a headstock on this headless model? I want a Vader, but hate headless. Even if it's a "fake" headstock."

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
spudmunkey said:
An additional layer of amusing: they are also painted in a trans color-shift paint on top of the buckeye and glow-in-the-dark resin. The paint works best over black, so because everything is so light, it's hard to see this color shift paint, but it's there

Yes but why though?
:hmmm:

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
Yes but why though?
:hmmm:

Probably so that you see colors like the surface of a bubble at certain angles light hits it. On a stage under bright lights or in the dark when glowing, completely pointless. Cool, but really only noticeable to the player. Which, is fine I guess. I don't think that photographs will ever do it justice.

Splenetic

Reaction score
Aside from being an 8-string, I actually kinda like it.

Then again I am an alien with tentacles.

')