Some guitars are too funny not to post

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

It's the Chibanez version of "Mary":

SV37-01.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
3059364.jpg

Ok, its not the guitar that is funny in the way we have been used to as far as this thread is going, it's the fact that when I saw it I thought is was a bridge humbucker only... a Joe Satriani Art guitar with one pickup? Wait, it has a pickup switch, what the hell am I looking at... and realized that the last 2 frets are, in fact, the rails of the neck pickup. In hte large version of the photo it might not be confusing, but as a thumbnail picture it sure messes with the brain... Cool guitar though.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's zero chance there were 25,000 Camaro Esteban's made...is there? That much just be a custom graphics job on a standard model, of which 25,000 were made...right?

edit: apparently, yes: there were 25K made. Holy shit.

Also, $1,500, eh?

https://reverb.com/item/30967788-esteban-camaro-acoustic

Man, I could have made a career out of working on those cheap pieces of shit. I bet they sold damn near a million of them.

Every January (Christmas) and May (school) I'd get dozens of these come through the shop. Not this particular style, but the Estebans in general.

Truth be told, they weren't un-salvageable, but the customers were typically pretty difficult. The idea of putting $50 in work into a guitar they're only $40 invested in at the time was rough.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I only am aware of them because of a student music store in the local mall, the infomercials on TV, and Geico (at the time, I had no idea he was even a real person).

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I used to ironically watch a lot of Esteban infomercials. (When I was 19-20 I did a lot of things ironically for some reason... I was also mega stoned)

My favorite part of Esteban infomercials was when they would get these two women who are not musicians and don't know anything about guitars to sorta "sell" them a bit in a classic home shopping fashion, and they would say the most hilarious shit. I remember once they said the guitar was encrusted with precious jewels.

GraemeH

Reaction score
There's zero chance there were 25,000 Camaro Esteban's made...is there? That much just be a custom graphics job on a standard model, of which 25,000 were made...right?

edit: apparently, yes: there were 25K made. Holy shit.

Also, $1,500, eh?

https://reverb.com/item/30967788-esteban-camaro-acoustic

Heh some people are so disconnected from reality - there's an ESP Horizon standard series on ebay in the UK that was £4,500 ($5885) now down to £4,000, and the guys justification for the price is "they changed the branding to EII but this is old enough to have the ESP branding and I bought it knowing it would go up in value".

Pretty brave considering there are listings for Horizon standard series guitars with the old ESP branding for less than a quarter of that, and he mentions in the listing that EIIs are just the same guitars re-branded meaning ultimately he wants a grand for his guitar and three grand for a decal...

I wish stupidity was against the ToS.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Or how they keep bringing up the car accident that blinded him (in one eye, I think), and he keeps saying, "Well, I don't want to get into too much about that...it was a dark time in my life..." Sheesh...

')