Some guitars are too funny not to post

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I'm so sick of the whole "let's put random shit in epoxy and make a guitar out of it" fad.

If I was going to get a guitar made out of some random shit, I'd get one of those wave machine guitars.

iu

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I'm so sick of the whole "let's put random shit in epoxy and make a guitar out of it" fad.

At least it seems to be mostly just a couple of guys that specialize in this. it's not like it's taking the Internet by storm like epoxy river tables, or something.

I am more sick of the specific genre of Raman noodles being used to repair everything like furniture a a toilet. It's simply just a shitty void fill, for a super glue fill.

I

Science_Penguin

Reaction score

At least it seems to be mostly just a couple of guys that specialize in this. it's not like it's taking the Internet by storm like epoxy river tables, or something.

I am more sick of the specific genre of Raman noodles being used to repair everything like furniture a a toilet. It's simply just a shitty void fill, for a super glue fill.

I

I'm waiting for it to become the new burl. Then I'll be sick of it.

Once we see Ibanez officially partner with Maruchan and Crayola, we'll know it's gone too far.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I can see sending in keepsakes and memorabilia to get your full custom themed resin guitar. Probably already being done I reckon.
Have jugs, will build.

iu

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I can see sending in keepsakes and memorabilia to get your full custom themed resin guitar. Probably already being done I reckon.
Have jugs, will build.

I'm pretty sure this is *exactly* what the Spalt Totem guitars are.

I actually like some of those Vline builds.

Lax

Reaction score
I owned one of those vline sword guitars, sounded so dead and awful that it just matched the impracticability ! :D

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It makes me sad that he really hasn't done anything further with that hybrid series. Instead he's just making godawful collage guitars that look like some shit someone dug out of the trash :barf:

He's still working on the Hybrids, and even brought one to NAMM for the "Red Collection" collaboration with Ergon and Tueffel.

I just think it's faster for him to put out Totems, and reflects his more artistic side vs. luthiery.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I wanted to years ago, but he was only doing straight scale and I was super into multiscales at that point. I still appreciate the design and aesthetics, but I 'd rather grab an Oni and another Aristides (or two) instead of dropping 10k on one guitar.

')