Some guitars are too funny not to post

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
^ Uh oh, don't let Jeff get any more ideas...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

A-Branger

Reaction score
you guys are getting it worng, its all about making the perfect tone. Its just the right amount of each wood, all affect the guitar tone in different freq. As we all know some woods are more bassy, some are more snappy, mroe clear, dark, etc. He just figure it out how much he needed from each to get a perfectly balanced guitar :D

GuitarBizarre

Listen to physics.
Reaction score
you guys are getting it worng, its all about making the perfect tone. Its just the right amount of each wood, all affect the guitar tone in different freq. As we all know some woods are more bassy, some are more snappy, mroe clear, dark, etc. He just figure it out how much he needed from each to get a perfectly balanced guitar :D

This post gave me ten kinds of aids, shot my dog, and gave me a hangover.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score

Buffalo Bill, luthier.

marcwormjim

Reaction score
Again, DON'T GIVE JEFF ANY MORE IDEAS!! Some of us already picture him tucking his package while applying the "K-treatment."

dhgrind

Reaction score
12814074_1108552972528811_3886829228792661801_n.jpg

looksgood-549cd463cbcb1.jpg

marcwormjim

Reaction score
Imagine the upcharge to make your fingerboard look like you never wash your hands after juggling turds.

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
340.jpg

Y'know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna get myself a brand new custom-made Kiesel Vader. Sky blue! With the dirtiest flame-maple fingerboard you've ever seen, and the skin of a cheetah for binding, YEAH!

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow guys, those Carvin's are beautiful guitars with a few aesthetic flaws, (I don't currently own a Carvin, nor do I intend to buy one, I'm just an observer) so posting one or two seems fair to me (although I don't personally think they belong here), but turning this thread into a Carvin hate fest just takes the joy out of the whole thread, plus it makes it seem like you're quick to dogpile.

Could we get back to making fun of ugly guitars? Hell, half the ugly guitars posted here are kind of cool in some weird way. That one with the patchwork top could have maybe even looked interesting if the top melting had a little more structure to it, if there didn't seem to be gaps in the glue joints, and if the pickup rings weren't up against the neck and nearly up against the bridge.

dhgrind

Reaction score
Well... idk I just think that last one was too hard not to post man. solid color over a flame top with bevel binding... then that fretboard.

Its just the fact that its a popular brand that doesn't always make the most popular choices in color or stylings that kind've does put it in here. I'd make fun of other brands if I saw them pop up in my feed like kiesel seems to even now. I've seen some pretty bad ESP and Jackson brands but not quite on the level that I see here...

As for dog piling my quite first hand experience with the brand does make me a bit more motivated to get some laughs out of their Kiesel Edition's. Don't get me wrong their pickups did sound nice and the fretwork and neck was great.

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
I don't think anyone's hating on Carvin, we're just making fun of the weird things people do with them. Its just a natural fact that some people, when given the option to customize, will make questionable decisions.

marcwormjim

Reaction score
Honestly, I think folks are just testing the waters to see if the Kiesel we've come to know can tolerate good-natured ribbing to do with the inevitably unconventional-looking guitars some of their customers spec out. I'm actually a fan and owner of Kiesel's stuff, but don't feel I owe reverence beyond what I've paid them. I don't exactly recall anyone rushing to the defense of Wylde Audio when they were an easy target.

Dana

Reaction score
kiesel gets a lot of crap, and tho i don't care for a lot of them....cmon.... compared to some of the ridiculous stupid hacked up guitars out there, why the hell are any of you giving them crap?

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
Okay, to hopefully put an end to this crap, here's a relic from the 80's:

Kra_Enterprize3.jpg

The placement of the input jack alone I find questionable if that is indeed what that little speck on the bottom is supposed to be...

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
That one with the patchwork top could have maybe even looked interesting if the top melting had a little more structure to it, if there didn't seem to be gaps in the glue joints, and if the pickup rings weren't up against the neck and nearly up against the bridge.

Resident guitar building wizard Pondman made that weird as .... multi lam thing a while back. Both the neck and body were both proper patchworkings of wood. Given it's not quite the same direction that the bummy guitar in this thread went in, I feel it's worth bringing up because that thing was cool.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lu...izations/296993-crazy-multi-lam-7-string.html

SubConArtist

Reaction score
this... because they stopped production on the standard dl tremolo and no one online knows how to set it up.

31M9Wq15B9L.jpg

:bowdown: "Ibanez" :bowdown:

')