Some guitars are too funny not to post

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
payment sent for flipper! :yesway:

disortocaster.jpg

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Like, why would anybody ever do that? :lol: The guitar even looks relatively well built from a distance. Why ruin it that way? :eek:

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
Huh, this is actually quite interesting. It looks like those frets line up with strings like if they were regular frets without a fan. But I guess bends are bad idea on this guitar.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
^ REV Guitars built this and spoke not highly of it! Haha.
Hello.
This guitar that was finally completed yesterday .
Also in prototype to say . There remains room for improvement .
Friends and is handmade effector brand , Leqtique master builder , was manufactured by shun nokina https://www.facebook.com/shun.nokina/posts/977793492304086 and meeting .
It is up to his idea was to form .
I have tried a different logic and approach to the existing guitar .
It should more be better .

Fuel

Reaction score
It wouldn't be a fanned microtonal guitar, would it? Actually, the more I look at it, the more I agree with Nlelith - it looks like the strings intersect with the frets on the fretboard at the exact same points as standard frets.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
It wouldn't be a fanned microtonal guitar, would it? Actually, the more I look at it, the more I agree with Nlelith - it looks like the strings intersect with the frets on the fretboard at the exact same points as standard frets.

Huh, now that you mention it... that could be it. If that's the case, that'd be a pretty interesting concept, and I'd be interested to see what it does. I take back what I said in my previous post, unless it is eventually proven unusable. :lol:

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
I REALLY hope whoever commissioned that knows how to use it, cause I don't think anyone else will.

"Hey, man, that sounds cool, what key are you playing in?"
"Uhhh..." (looks down at fretboard) "Good question..."

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I see the "fret meets string at normal point" thing now, and now I'm even MORE confused by what the point is supposed to be.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Interesting, though immensely impractical. I'm betting it was done as a sort of art project. Like more of a visual piece than something practical. I think the diamond shapes created by the frets vs strings is appealing. Would never buy or play one, but it looks neat.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I'm about to block that image in my browser so I don't have to see it anymore. Gives me a migraine.

')