Some guitars are too funny not to post

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
The listing says: "Marty Friedman's (ex-Megadeth) preowned guitar. It was his main guitar from the bands Hawaii (1985), Dragons Kiss (his first album), Cacophony (his band with Jason Becker), Melodic Control (instructional video), and Megadeth Era (1990–1999), including the entire legendary albums from Rust in Peace to Risk.

In the Cacophony era, Marty and Jason Becker used this guitar a lot, and you can also see this guitar in Jason Becker's Not Dead Yet documentary video.
"
I was being a smartass, but that's actually interesting. Thanks.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't forget the shipping, because these retards can't include it in the price ever. Just wtf.
This fuckwad is asking for 2014 mortgage prices and has the audacity to still charge shipping?! Even if it was 10% of the price I think that's a pretty fucking substantial asking price.

What a turd (the person, not the guitar).

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Don't forget the shipping, because these retards can't include it in the price ever. Just wtf.
Oh yeah, wtf? That's always a head scratcher with that stuff... Just roll it in, ya dingus!
This fuckwad is asking for 2014 mortgage prices and has the audacity to still charge shipping?! Even if it was 10% of the price I think that's a pretty fucking substantial asking price.

What a turd (the person, not the guitar).
Cost of doing business on Reverb. As a seller, if you lump your shipping costs into your listing price you have to pay their fees (8.2%) on it. Having shipping as a separate charge gives you less of a total to funnel through their fee structure, and in that case with an expensive-ass instrument that needs hefty shipping insurance and such it's a smart move.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Cost of doing business on Reverb. As a seller, if you lump your shipping costs into your listing price you have to pay their fees (8.2%) on it. Having shipping as a separate charge gives you less of a total to funnel through their fee structure, and in that case with an expensive-ass instrument that needs hefty shipping insurance and such it's a smart move.
He could still have the decency to ask for $119,350 then.

The Blue Ghost

Direct Mount Pickup Enjoyer
Reaction score
I sincerely hope all these fuckwads selling instruments at those prices without disclosing shipping costs etc stub their toes and never make any money.

')