Some guitars are too funny not to post

kisielk

Reaction score
Or how they keep bringing up the car accident that blinded him (in one eye, I think), and he keeps saying, "Well, I don't want to get into too much about that...it was a dark time in my life..." Sheesh...
Pity poor Esteban. Should buy a guitar to help him out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Heh some people are so disconnected from reality - there's an ESP Horizon standard series on ebay in the UK that was £4,500 ($5885) now down to £4,000, and the guys justification for the price is "they changed the branding to EII but this is old enough to have the ESP branding and I bought it knowing it would go up in value".

Pretty brave considering there are listings for Horizon standard series guitars with the old ESP branding for less than a quarter of that, and he mentions in the listing that EIIs are just the same guitars re-branded meaning ultimately he wants a grand for his guitar and three grand for a decal...

I wish stupidity was against the ToS.

Hell, I have a custom ESP that was built by one of the head dudes at ESP and I picked it up for less than some EIIs go for. The only thing is it's so 80s it makes Steel Panther look like the Backstreet Boys.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Something about this design bugs me...

Screenshot_20200107-092026_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Jesus that first line. Like...are we supposed to know (or care) what other less-controvertial guitars you've owned? Like...are they just other pink strats? Or do you have swaztika's painted on any? Or a decal of the 2nd Ammendment? Or "Free Tibet/Mumia" text on it?

*sigh* "I modified it to look like Connor Mockasin's guitar". There. how hard is that.

efiltsohg

Reaction score
can this trend of labeling $200 import models as "Fender Squire" or "Gibson Epiphone" hoping to trick somebody into overpaying for them die please

literally every guitar on kijiji here

spudmunkey

Reaction score
can this trend of labeling $200 import models as "Fender Squire" or "Gibson Epiphone" hoping to trick somebody into overpaying for them die please

literally every guitar on kijiji here

Before it was it's own brand, Squires were mexican-made, Fender-branded products. At least in this case, it may not be a lie. Kinda like how Ram and Genesis are their own brands now, but someone with an older one would say they had a Dodge Ram or Hyundai Genesis.

Last edited:
')