This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

icos211

Schecter faithful
Reaction score
hC21D8167

Fixed:

hF582D33D

tm20

Reaction score
hCC7A0BB9

im sure this applies to some people here :lol:

Ginsu

Reaction score
hCC7A0BB9

im sure this applies to some people here :lol:

I care more about the guitarists than the singers, personally. :) I think Periphery, Abyssphere, and Galneryus are literally the only metal bands that have vocals I actually pay attention to. Well, pre Overcome All That Remains. But only the harsh vocals, don't care for Phil's singing. Singers overall are probably the least important to me (which is helped by the fact that probably 60% of my musical "diet" is instrumental).

I like when drummers change, actually, because (assuming the previous drummer was somewhat involved in the songwriting process) that usually means the next album will be stylistically different from a rhythmic standpoint. For example, Demon Hunter's drummer left after Summer of Darkness. His replacement did a lot in shaping the next album's sound. Compare the drumming in Not Ready to Die (from Summer of Darkness) to the drumming in Ribcage (from the Triptych). It's like hearing a different person's take on the same sort of sound. Which is something else I love, but this semi-serious post is long enough for being in a thread about humor.

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;3579212 said:
I just have to put it out there that I find NONE of these comics funny whatsoever. My gripe with this one is, has the guy ever listened to Turisas at all? Or am I not getting the joke? Because it feels like making fun of the band for the wrong reason.
Carry on.

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
I just have to put it out there that I find NONE of these comics funny whatsoever. My gripe with this one is, has the guy ever listened to Turisas at all? Or am I not getting the joke? Because it feels like making fun of the band for the wrong reason.
Carry on.

You could ask the creator. he's a member here.

Besides, it's not like Turisas is a very serious band.

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
Besides, it's not like Turisas is a very serious band.
Oh, I know. I love Turisas, but I know exactly what about them deserves to be made fun of, and I figure there was potential for this strip to be funny if they took advantage of what Turisas is actually funny for.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I didn't think so, either. Either way, "This guitar solo is meant to evoke the unrelenting brutality of harvesting carrots." gave me a couple laughs.

')