Some new Nevermore for y'all

Reaction score
I really don't like those slow ballad songs... super boring. "smash yourself and kill your friends"??? seriously? Warrel Dane is so ridiculously cheesy.

The title track is awesome musically, but I'm pretty sure I'll never end up liking Warrel Dane's vocals or lyrics... kinda sucks too, becuase Loomis is probably my favorite guitarist right now.

I'll just never be able to take those vocals seriously when they remind me of this:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I guess I'm the odd person here that loves the music and the singing:hbang:

I really don't like those slow ballad songs... super boring. "smash yourself and kill your friends"??? seriously? Warrel Dane is so ridiculously cheesy.

Dude, like 90% of all deathcore and death metal lyrics are cheesy as fuck:lol:

EDIT: I meant the singing, not the lyrics because I haven't actually read them (nor do I really care) :lol:

Last edited:

Ckackley

Reaction score
I guess I'm the odd person here that loves the music and the lyrics:hbang:

Dude, like 90% of all deathcore and death metal lyrics are cheesy as fuck:lol:

But they growl and scream those lyrics. That makes it BROOTAL.. :squint:

I love the tracks. Awesome instrumentation and actual singing is win win for me. Warrel is one of the best male vocalists in music today. I'll listen to him or a Roy Khan any day over someone gargling with virgin's blood. :lol:

Bobo

Reaction score
Can't....stop....listening :yesway:

To those who are iffy, I'd suggest giving these songs more chances. Well really I suggest that with anything as I've found stuff that takes time to grow on you usually ends up better to you.

EdgeC

Songs in C#
Reaction score
To be be honest after the 30th listen i think it is growing on me. Maybe it was just having the no lyrics version for so long.

Reaction score

I love the tracks. Awesome instrumentation and actual singing is win win for me. Warrel is one of the best male vocalists in music today. I'll listen to him or a Roy Khan any day over someone gargling with virgin's blood. :lol:

I listen to tons of music with clean vocals.

Metal bands with singing I like = Cynic, Katatonia, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Scar Symmetry, Sikth, Tesseract, Protest The Hero, Mutiny Within, etc.

or some poppy prog rock examples = Thrice, Circa Survive, etc.

I just don't like Warrel Dane's melodramatic opera style, and his lyrics honestly remind me of bad high school goth poetry... I was hoping it'd be a different case on this album, but nope...

So, those slow ballads with not much going on other than his vocals do absolutely nothing for me until the solos kick in. I hope there are faster and more interesting songs like the title track on the rest of the album. I think Jeff Loomis is brilliant and one of the best guitarists on the planet right now. I really wish they had a different vocalist or no vocals at all though.

Reaction score
listened to all 4 songs now.

She Comes in Colors is pretty good, and the title track is pretty awesome.

Didn't like The Day You Built The Wall or The Blue Marble and The New Soul though... too focused on Warrel for me...

AChRush1349

Causal Anomalie
Reaction score
No offense intended, but I think the people who are saying this isn't as awesome as it should be are crazy :nuts:...this is some of Nevermore's best IMO...ALMOST as good as dreaming in neon black. I loved the obsidian conspiracy without Warrel's vocals...but with them...:eek: Incredible.

AChRush1349

Causal Anomalie
Reaction score

Agreed! Although I do enjoy well done virgin blood gurgling (Like Mikael Åkerfeldt's heavy shit)

Reaction score
ive never really agreed with nevermores vocalist.. he seems out of place in most that ive listened to, so with that said yes i dont really like the vocals but the instrumentals themselves sound amazing to me. maybe thats just me though..

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
It's okay. Nothing special.

Not like when I heard "Born" for the first time, and then listened to it for the next week haha. Not sure how often I actually made it through other songs on that album for awhile.

MSalonen

Reaction score

The title track is awesome musically, but I'm pretty sure I'll never end up liking Warrel Dane's vocals or lyrics... kinda sucks too, becuase Loomis is probably my favorite guitarist right now.

I'll just never be able to take those vocals seriously when they remind me of this:

Oh my God. So true. :lol:

IT CANT BE UNHEARD.

')