Some new Nevermore for y'all

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
No breakdowns? No Screaming with emo clean choruses? Fuck this!

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
I like it. Looking forward to this album more then ever.

Netherhound

Grandeur Of Delusions
Reaction score
holy shit awesome ^

added*

It seems the album is has some nostalgic throw backs riffs from early 2000's Nevermore

example 1: Moonrise got a similar feel to Engines of Hate

example 2: Without Morals to Inside for Walls

example 3:The Obsidian Conspiracy to Enemies Of Reality(at least to me)

There's more but I'll let you guys figure it out.

one more thing to add

SOMETIMES SHE MOVES THE CHAIRS DOWNSTAIRS! :lol:

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Again, no like. The songs are okay, but it has the weird feel that Nevermore have forgotten how to be Nevermore and they're trying to imitate their old selves by just listening to their old albums all over and coming up with stuff that sounds like that.

At least they could have tried to imitate This Godless Endeavor.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Fuck the haters, this is awesome. It sounds like Politics of Ecstacy, Dreaming Neon Black and Dead Heart In A Dead World compressed into one album, with a dash of inspiration from newer Scar Symmetry stuff, which is fucking AWESOME!

IDLE

Reaction score
Dane's vocals are why I listen to Nevermore.

Not to mention his lyrics on "The Blue Marble and The New Soul" are fucking beautiful. I don't know why people criticize him so much, it makes me :realmad:.

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
Moonrise is LEGIT. I knew this would grow on me eventually.

B36arin

Reaction score
There are way too many rehashed riffs on the songs that have come out, there are at least 3 or 4 things that are taken from old Nevermore/Loomis songs. The lead in the beginning of Moonrise is almost identical to a song(don't remember the name) on Zero Order Phase, and the Narcosynthesis riff is there after 1:30. And several parts of the song are very similar to Engines of Hate. I don't know what to think of it, the song seems to kick ass anyway.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
the lead riff on Moomrise is very similar to the lead in "lead line" on the very first song of Loomis solo album "shouting fire at a funeral" (I noticed that too) and the the actual "riff" of the tune is similar to the lead in to the solo sectionof TGE, so I'm hearing all this too.
Still like the tune though.

Warchest1

Reaction score
This whole album is awesome. Absolutely digging every song, riffing is incredible. I think everyone needs to give it a couple listens.. cuz it will grow on you

dunno

Reaction score
I didnt have a chance to hear all these songs yet, but from the first four that popped on youtube I can already say I like it. It strongly reminds me of dreaming neon black. I think that this album starts where dnb finished. I also think their whole material is divided into three parts: first one are all the albums until dreaming neon black, second one is dreaming neon black, and third part dead heart, enemies of reality and this godless endeavour. And I really like they went back in time to master something from their past, besides I think it will take time to beat musical masterpieces like this godless endeavour and sentient 6 for example even for musicians like them :D so getting into past and taking it to a new level is a part of evolving to them i think and one day we will have the best metal album created by this band, and I cant wait for that moment. I am definetely buying this album, I too didnt dig these songs at first listen, but I like them more and more after each listening. Something similiar happened to me on Iron Maidens latest album.
Anyway about the danes vocals. Thats the love or hate thing about nevermore I mentioned. The music may seem too brutal for melodic vocals, but I think nevermore wouldnt be nevermore without danes vocals...some growling or screaming would just degrade it. Not that I am hater of growls and stuff I have goregrind band so I love them, but they would definetely not fit into this band.

Reaction score
Anyway about the danes vocals. Thats the love or hate thing about nevermore I mentioned. The music may seem too brutal for melodic vocals, but I think nevermore wouldnt be nevermore without danes vocals...some growling or screaming would just degrade it. Not that I am hater of growls and stuff I have goregrind band so I love them, but they would definetely not fit into this band.

People say that all the time, but I could easily see more aggressive vocals over a lot of Nevermore's music.

But again, it's not the fact that they have melodic vocals that so many people dislike... I have no problem with melodic vocals and listen to a ton of bands with clean, melodic singing. It's just Warrel Dane's vocals.

')