Some songs for 7 strings standard tuning

• Thread starter Racman92
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Racman92

Complete 7 noob
Reaction score
I'm new to 7 strings, but I've been playing guitar for 8 years so my technique is good. I'm into metal... all kinds.

I'm looking for songs in 7 string b standard. It seems like every song out there is tabbed in drop b, and I don't want to do that. So, any suggestions foe songs to learn?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

revlover

Reaction score
Check out Scarpoint's The Mask of Sanity. Killer album :hbang:
Not too difficult either but I don't think you'll find any tabs so you will have to do all the hard work yourself.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Could try learning Drop D songs in 7 standard. That's good for getting your mind into natively using 7 strings.

Racman92

Complete 7 noob
Reaction score
...you are saying in every song you found they tune UP a full step from standard and then drop the 7th string to B? :scratch:
nah, I didnt mean it like that. What ive found s mostly people using 6 string guitars tuned to drop b to work out songs in 7 string b standard.

I'm just going to try to learn some by ear. I haven't put nearly enough time into learning to do that.

Lagtastic

Five Align
Reaction score
Change of Seasons & Shattered Fortress from Dream Theater is enough to keep you busy for quite awhile.

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
Could drop the 6th string E to a D and play animals as leaders...

MOD EDIT: Don't bitch about rep.

')