Some tasty playing from Marco Sfogli (Ibby Premium + Mark V content!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gator99

Reaction score
Great video, and he posted the following on the JP forum stating that he changed out the pickups:

"The Premium is great. I've been playing it in a couple of weeks now and it sound as good as it looks. The neck is very thin, not a big fan but I got used really fast. Actually I've been very very impressed by the stock pups it came with, especially about cleans. I put a couple of D Activators and a Chopper in the middle and now is a killer tone machine. For the price I guess is an awesome deal."

Source:
Ibanez RG920QM

Regards,
Juan

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Marco is a crazy guitarist :agreed: Been listening to the CD A New Beginning from his band Creation's End quite a bit recently. Great stuff :yesway:

decypher

Reaction score
matching headstocks... wow, now introduce that feature to your higher end guitars and you're good to go, Ibanez.

(great playing, he's just amazing)

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
he's such a monster player. Has he switched to ibby from rash?

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
he's such a monster player. Has he switched to ibby from rash?

That's the first vid I've seen of Marco without a Rash so perhaps? Or maybe he's going the Bulb route and not taking on any endorsements that lock him in anymore? Who knows, but that dude can play! :wub: He is obviously very influenced by Petrucci but his sense of melody is killer! :metal:

federock90

Reaction score
Loved the scale at 3:48 just before the ending..Marco is a great guitar player,I'm happy to see that there is still someone in Italy that makes me proud to be Italian

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Loved the scale at 3:48 just before the ending..Marco is a great guitar player,I'm happy to see that there is still someone in Italy that makes me proud to be Italian

Hey don't forget that you have one of the best (IMO) amp builders in the world over there too, Marco Brunetti! :wub:

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Honestly, Marco sucks.

I JOKE, I JOKE, I FUCKING JOKE. (please don't neg me :D)

He's such an unbelievably awesome guitarist, truly. The tone he gets out of nearly-stock gear, and his technique and control... it never
fails to amaze me. His bending as well... he really wrings the notes out, makes it sound like he's actually going for it.

Here's another awesome clip of him, this time with a Rash and an Axe-FX:

The tone is jizzable, and the shreddy bit at 3:58 makes my head explode. It's really very difficult, uses some pretty mangled arpeggio shapes etc.

One of my favourite guitarists, in terms of tone and his ear for melody.

Grolli

Reaction score
Some seriously tasty playing there, indeed! That Ibanez doesn't look bad either :)

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
I still don't get why this guy plays in Creation's End. They are so average.

Enselmis

Reaction score
I will cry if he ditched Rash. Those were some of the most wicked guitars I've ever had the privilege of ogling.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wait what RG is that? I've not seen a premium with a middle pickup anywhere else...

Those are Euro market RG970QMs. The US market does get an H-S-H Premium in the form of the RG870BK. It's the same as the 970s, just without the veneer and in the atypical Black.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Those are Euro market RG970QMs. The US market does get an H-S-H Premium in the form of the RG870BK. It's the same as the 970s, just without the veneer and in the atypical Black.

Don't you get it in blue as well?

We do. ;)

RG870Z_LB_1P_01.png

')