Some thought's on this body style?

• Thread starter rasguitars
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rasguitars

rasguitars
Reaction score
This was my first original design that I built about 7 years ago.I am pretty happy with it but I have not made one since.Thinking about making one to sell so I am asking for some honest opinions from some of you to see if it's a go or maybe a one off.I always get that"what the hell is that"response when I play it live.Give the good bad and the ugly fellas.:idea:
esp022.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Parker and explorer had a baby :D

My only issue is that it seems like the top horn should leave a little more space between it and the neck.

rasguitars

rasguitars
Reaction score
Parker and explorer had a baby :D

My only issue is that it seems like the top horn should leave a little more space between it and the neck.
You nailed it man.:lol:I changed it at the last minute and it ended up like that.The top horn is a little close but doesn't affect the playability.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
If the horn was changed, and it was hardtail, I'd love it.

The headstock is kind of silly too. :lol:
Just because of the oddly placed 6th tuner.

All imo of course. :)

Jontain

Reaction score
The body looks real funky, although I am not such a fan of the headstock design.

rasguitars

rasguitars
Reaction score
If the horn was changed, and it was hardtail, I'd love it.

The headstock is kind of silly too. :lol:
Just because of the oddly placed 6th tuner.

All imo of course. :)
I have a different 3/3 headstock for it now.That headstock was refined to change the 6th tuner also.The body has also been redesigned and made smaller.But it's still the basic idea.

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool. I agree with the Explorer Parker comment. lol I like guitars that are explorer-ish with a 3 on a side headstock like my Schecter Ultra. (Which looks kinda like an Explorer and a Tele had a baby.)

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
I personally love the headstock shaping and think the tuner placement is fine. I would however like the tuner knob for the 6th string to be positioned straight out to the side of the tuner thereby giving a literal and symbolic seperation from the other strings. Not a fan of the parker horns, but then again I don't hate them either. Overall body shape is real cool.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
The body is cool, but I find both horns a bit too long. The headstock I do not like due to the angled string pull.

rasguitars

rasguitars
Reaction score
I personally love the headstock shaping and think the tuner placement is fine. I would however like the tuner knob for the 6th string to be positioned straight out to the side of the tuner thereby giving a literal and symbolic seperation from the other strings. Not a fan of the parker horns, but then again I don't hate them either. Overall body shape is real cool.
I am not much of a fan of the Parker style horns either.I changed those long ago.My intent with that headstock was just what you mentioned when I built it but decided to change it on others advice.You never know what's gonna appeal to people.That's the reason I put up the pic.I do appreciate the criticism.