Someone go buy one of these and tell me if they're terrible or not

• Thread starter Larrikin666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jahosy

Reaction score
This was me who left that feedback. (read the post above)

dont say I didnt warn you guys if you bid.

Thanks for sharing mate. I'm pretty interested in the BRJ copy but will think twice now :p

And CASH only transaction?? hmmmm

arcadia fades

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing mate. I'm pretty interested in the BRJ copy but will think twice now :p

And CASH only transaction?? hmmmm

Nah I paid with paypal for both transactions, thats why it took forever to get my money back :lol: I was furious before, but can laugh now as I got the full amount back thanks to buyer protection through paypal :)

WhoThenNow7

Reaction score
All of the listings say he accepts PayPal for me. :shrug:

I might bid on the cheapest to see if I can get something ridiculously cheap, even for the pickups he uses.

EDIT: Seems a bit fishy. Every time I bid, there's a $1 higher bid than mine, even after doing a $50 jump. Maybe people just agree with my sentiments. :lol:

Someone may have placed at least $100 for their bid.. you don't have anything to worry about bidding wise.

jahosy

Reaction score
A quote from his listings:

"Please be aware I am not currently accepting paypal as a method of payment. I can currently accept either bank transfer or cash upon collection. I am happy to offer a full money back guarantee with this listing."

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Nah I paid with paypal for both transactions, thats why it took forever to get my money back :lol: I was furious before, but can laugh now as I got the full amount back thanks to buyer protection through paypal :)

Wonder if he's had other paypal issues.... :scratch:

arcadia fades

Reaction score
His PayPal account is probably suspended for losing the PayPal dispute claim I put in so I could get my money back.

Evil Weasel

Reaction score
His PayPal account is probably suspensed for losing the PayPal dispute claim I put in so I could get my money back.
Another member here got money back for a custom build they have with him that he is not replying to.

My guess is that he is in financial difficulties. I know for a fact that ash 6 string with the lace pickups was his personal guitar so I wasn't expecting him to be selling it.

Still I would expect him to be answering and not ignoring every email myself and a couple of other people are sending him.

I've been a MASSIVE defender of his work but I am seriously pissed off this time. Remember that 6 string he built me last year, the one with the zebrano fretboard? Well I posted it back to him for some upgrades on tuners and the bridge and he didn't contact me for 7 weeks. He then gave me an apology explaining the situation and why there was such a delay. My GF then knocked the guitar over and damaged the nut so I posted it back to him as I wasn't sure whether there was any other damage. I posted it on 26th February. 2 months later I have not even received acknowledgement that he has the guitar, or an invoice on the work that needs done. In the mean time I have emailed him countless times (I have 2 of his personal email address accounts being a repeat customer and also his business one) and sent him messages on his other ebay account. I actually knew of this guitar parts UK one as he sold guitar from it a couple of years ago and I shall be sending him a message there so thanks for the reminder. I also sent him a letter to his home address on Saturday.

There are 2 other people I know of who paid him for builds that have been waiting for ages with no contact and builds are overdue.

It's a shame, I really like my guitars he built - the chambered 6 string in particular is the best playing guitar I have ever had. But for now - DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM HIM until he gets his shit together and sorts everything out from his existing customers. It's just too much of a gamble when he isn't replying.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
This was me who left that feedback. (read the post above)

dont say I didnt warn you guys if you bid.

Cheers for that! I emailed you on ebay about it so ignore that please.

The Bernie Rico 7 clone looks nice though. Even if the frets are pointed I can just get them redone. I'll check with my bank about where I stand with refunds and filing a dispute.

Someone else in the luthiery section was having money problems with him aswell.

Evil Weasel

Reaction score
Cheers for that! I emailed you on ebay about it so ignore that please.

The Bernie Rico 7 clone looks nice though. Even if the frets are pointed I can just get them redone. I'll check with my bank about where I stand with refunds and filing a dispute.

Someone else in the luthiery section was having money problems with him aswell.
nellings6 and wookie606 both have outstanding builds with him that are overdue with no communication. He also has one of my guitars that he needs to return. I reiterate - don't buy anything from him until he gets this sorted out. Even with ebay moneyback guarantee without paypal it makes life so much harder.

AhsanU

pew pew.
Reaction score
He's not accepting paypal. I wouldn't call it an outright scam, but he clearly doesn't want anything bad happening in case he fails to satisfy a customer. I would definitely avoid to save some heartache.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Holy shit I think this guy's come in my restaurant, a few times.

Anyway, cash on collection WYSIWYG these don't look bad, I don't think the guy's shady as such but he at the very least appears to be a terrible businessman.

If any of you guys actually wanna buy his stuff, I'd be happy to mediate - tell him I'm gunna come, I'll check it out, pay me, I pay him, I ship to you.

Not for a couple weeks though, swamped.

Evil Weasel

Reaction score
Holy shit I think this guy's come in my restaurant, a few times.

Anyway, cash on collection WYSIWYG these don't look bad, I don't think the guy's shady as such but he at the very least appears to be a terrible businessman.

If any of you guys actually wanna buy his stuff, I'd be happy to mediate - tell him I'm gunna come, I'll check it out, pay me, I pay him, I ship to you.

Not for a couple weeks though, swamped.
I'm sending you a PM regarding this. He most definitely hasn't been shady in my past dealings with him, just appears incompetent on the business side. However this time I am beginning to wonder. I guess there are mixed financial and personal problems and I honestly have tried to reach out to him (having suffered them myself) yet he continually ignores all communication having previously been fairly good at responding. (I bought my first guitar from him over 18 months ago, I am not new to his guitar building at all).

Scotty1073

Reaction score
waited 6 months for my B2 clone, when he originally quoted me 5-6 weeks. Severe lack of communication and over-all negligence with handling his business. FWIW, my guitar did come out excellent and exactly how I spec'd it out to be.

:shrug:

')