Someone go buy one of these and tell me if they're terrible or not

• Thread starter Larrikin666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
Holy shit I think this guy's come in my restaurant, a few times.

Anyway, cash on collection WYSIWYG these don't look bad, I don't think the guy's shady as such but he at the very least appears to be a terrible businessman.

If any of you guys actually wanna buy his stuff, I'd be happy to mediate - tell him I'm gunna come, I'll check it out, pay me, I pay him, I ship to you.

Not for a couple weeks though, swamped.

is the guy taking any orders now? that is if you are still communicating with him.
id like a Caparison knock off if the dude isnt too terribly unreliable......

please PM me if possible about this. im weary of not having a middle man with this guy

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Evil Weasel

Reaction score
is the guy taking any orders now? that is if you are still communicating with him.
id like a Caparison knock off if the dude isnt too terribly unreliable......

please PM me if possible about this. im weary of not having a middle man with this guy
One of the guys waiting for a guitar messaged him through ebay asking about orders and was told he was very far behind, so I am not sure he is taking custom orders on for now. In any case - I would advise you NOT to do this until this issue is fully resolved. It is not acceptable to leave customers in the dark for so long and if I was you I wouldn't trust him because of it.

The guitars on ebay are different though - they are completed and if Rook does act as an intermediate then he will have a chance to inspect them for flaws before paying. So buying a completed guitar I'd have a bit more faith with a middle man. But be wary - someone bought a completed guitar from him off ebay and paid - then still received no communication or instrument. At least he had the paypal dispute to give him his money back. With a direct bank transfer or cash payment you don't have that guarantee.

stratjacket

Lost in a loop
Reaction score
Holy shit I think this guy's come in my restaurant, a few times.

Anyway, cash on collection WYSIWYG these don't look bad, I don't think the guy's shady as such but he at the very least appears to be a terrible businessman.

If any of you guys actually wanna buy his stuff, I'd be happy to mediate - tell him I'm gunna come, I'll check it out, pay me, I pay him, I ship to you.

Not for a couple weeks though, swamped.

I'm not interested in buying one of these, but just wanted to say that is really cool of you to offer up your time to do this for people on here. Very cool. Some damn good people on here.

rak8.jpg

blanco

Reaction score
I'm definitely keeping my eyes on these i'm only in Portsmouth or South London so not to far away. Might be able to get a bargain. I do get the feeling i'm going to be bidding against people on this forum though :lol:

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
I'm not interested in buying one of these, but just wanted to say that is really cool of you to offer up your time to do this for people on here. Very cool. Some damn good people on here.

rak8.jpg

I agree but dammit- flowers need water!!!

downburst82

Reaction score
I was just rechecking his feedback on ebay and it appears the negative complaint has been removed?..also it says he CAN ACCEPT pay pal now. If it was closer I might take a wack at one but with the shipping at import fees/taxes etc..naaa. They look pretty solid though :shrug:

Evil Weasel

Reaction score
The negative feedback was on his other ebay account http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/arifmcbadhi/

For the record I have now emailed him on both accounts and on both his personal email accounts with no reply. Wookie606 and I got advice from an impartial legal advice service who told us to send him a letter by recorded delivery so we know he gets it and then give a sensible deadline for him to reply by.

He is still completely ignoring us. He doesn't even owe me anything. My guitar is complete and i have played it etc. I just want it posted back which will cost £12 and i have even offered to pay. It's simply unacceptable in my opinion for him to continue to ignore us, especially when on my case I was a loyal repeat customer and to resolve the situation takes 5 minutes booking a courier.

arcadia fades

Reaction score
he's using a different account to hide the shitstain reminder of the negative feedback I left him on his old account so he can hide how much of a bad business guy he is.

downburst82

Reaction score
AHH ok I was confused, didnt realise he was using two accounts. I thought maybe there had been some sort of resolution. Ya if there are still these issue's hanging over the sellers head people should definately be weary.

Darren James

Reaction score
Kind of a shame really. You would think that he'd be on the up and up as there is the potential to make some nice money here. The guitars seem like really nice builds for the most part, not to mention at great prices. I'm sure he'd get a lot of business if he kept honest sales. I hope those who have been having issues with him get things sorted and it works out for you in the end.

Darren.

pylyo

Reaction score
2-3 years ago I ordered a guitar from him, and payed 1/2 in advance but he screwed the scale length so we had to cancel the deal as I wasn't going for 27" like the build turned out. He was very kind all the time and very responsive, let me choose the woods and all... I believe I saw that guitar here on the forums (it was a B7 copy with really nice burl maple top) but can't speak of built quality as I never layed hands on it.

Oh and he refunded me money right away and was really, really kind and all...

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Auctions ended today.

Caparison Clone with Aftermaths went for £600/€715
Caparison Clone with D Activators went for £600/€715
Rico Clone went for £520/€620

Evil Weasel

Reaction score
Anyone buy one? The one I was interested in was the 6 string with the lace pickups (probably because it's very similar to my 6 string that Steve currently has...). It went for £290. Absolute steal. Wish I wasn't utterly broke at the moment or it would have been mine, maybe I could have hassled him to send the other one with it too.

If anyone did get one, keep us updated on communication etc. Or if you can ask him about his outstanding orders and where he is with them that would be good too!

')