Something fun happend and now I want a 7!

• Thread starter SimonEriksson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SimonEriksson

Reaction score
Hello! I got the paycheck from my summerjob today and it was a bit more money than I expected! :)

I can get some good deals on a few guitars that I've been looking at for a while now.

ESP LTD AW-7

Schecter Jeff Loomis NT satin black

LTD H-1007

LTD MH-417

Schecter Hellraiser C7

I can only get away with a great deal on these guitars and the store does not carry all models from all brands, no sls c7's e.t.c.

I've tried looking for used guitars but I haven't found a good one yet, and I'm also trading one of my old guitars for one of these new ones so the only options I have for getting a good deal are the guitars listed above.

It doesn't matter if the guitar's got active or passive pickups, I like both. But I do like the sound of my Ibanez premium with passives more than my active guitars.

The one I'm most interested in right now is the AW-7, no inlays, gloss finish, flat mounted bridge e.t.c

I'll be playing one half step down, is a 25.5'' scale good enough for that?

OR SHOULD I trade my guitar in for a SC-337 and get one of those for next to nothing?

Which one would you pick and why?

Sorry for my bad english, I've been up for almost 24hrs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pat_tct

Reaction score
if you can afford all the guitars you listed it's just preference.

If you like a flat mounted bridge more then a TOM bridge, go for the AW-7.
It's a great looking guitar.
The H-1007 is great, too.

the 25.5" scale is more than enough to tune it a half step down.

All guitars you listed should be great to play and have a good quality.
But what is important is the neck profile and if the necks are gloss finished or matte or natural.

that is something you should try out and see i you like it.

JayDay22

Reaction score
I had a similar selection for my first 7 string recently, with the ZH-7 in place of the AW-7. I ended up going with the H-1007 and it is awesome. I have it tuned down to drop G# and it feels and sounds great. You probably need to switch the stock strings though to thicker ones.

I got it from gearhounds for $660 new, a great deal. A new August deal is still going on if you're interested. But you should see if they have it in stock and/or how long it'll take before you order from there.

FollowTheSigns

Reaction score
I have a hellraiser C-7 and love it.

However recently I tried a Loomis (one from Loomis himself) and it played amazing. I think I would get that over my Hellraiser. No complaints with mine though great guitar.

tyler_faith_08

Strings of Chaos
Reaction score
Anything that's got Jeff Loomis's name on it is gonna be a good piece. The Hellraiser is a REALLY good guitar, so long as you set them up. I've seen some come from the factory with near perfect intonation and string height, whereas some look like they're set up by an idiot. Either way, it's a good guitar. I'd personally go with the Jeff Loomis Schecter.

I've always liked Schecter and Ibanez. If you can be patient, try to find an Ibanez 7620. I picked mine up for 380+S&H. I absolutely love it. I consider it to be one of the better 7 strings out there.

I like LTD, but their quality varies significantly between similarly priced guitars.

SimonEriksson

Reaction score
Okay I've narrowed it down to two guitars. The Jeff Loomis and the AW-7.

The things I like about the AW-7 over the Loomis are the bridge, finish, fretboard and black hardware. The loomis has the 26.5'' scale and a satin neck. They cost about the same. I don't really like whitechapel but I love the AW-7 but I'm also a huge Loomis fanboy lol.

Edit: I found a store near me that sells a Schecter Jeff Loomis FR for a good price, cheaper than the Jeff Loomis NT at the exact same price as the AW-7 actually, should I perhaps get that one?

UV7BK4LIFE

Schecter A7 addict
Reaction score
SimonEriksson said:
Hello! I got the paycheck from my summerjob today and it was a bit more money than I expected!

I can get some good deals on a few guitars that I've been looking at for a while now.

ESP LTD AW-7

Schecter Jeff Loomis NT satin black

LTD H-1007

LTD MH-417

Schecter Hellraiser C7

I can only get away with a great deal on these guitars and the store does not carry all models from all brands, no sls c7's e.t.c.

I've tried looking for used guitars but I haven't found a good one yet, and I'm also trading one of my old guitars for one of these new ones so the only I have for getting a good deal are the guitars listed above.

It doesn't matter if the guitar's got active or passive pickups, I like both. But I do like the sound of my Ibanez premium with passives more than my active guitars.

The one I'm most interested in right now is the AW-7, no inlays, gloss finish, flat mounted bridge e.t.c

I'll be playing one half step down, is a 25.5'' scale good enough for that?

OR SHOULD I trade my guitar in for a SC-337 and get one of those for next to nothing?

Which one would you pick and why?

Sorry for my bad english, I've been up for almost 24hrs.

The MH417 is now made in China, don't buy that one. Get one of the other three from Korea.

And stay away from lower end signature guitars that have different specs than the original.

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

SimonEriksson

Reaction score
It stands between the AW-7 and the Loomis FR.

I like the gloss finish, ebony fretboard and the black hardware on the AW-7.
I like the 26.5" scale, the floyd and the pickups on the Loomis

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Mmmm. That's a really tough call. Those guitars have NOTHING in common. For me it'd probably be the the loomis. But If the Alex Wade had a trem I'd say that one haha. best bet is to get the Ben savage! However if its not an option, again looomis.

SimonEriksson

Reaction score
Yeah the BS-7 combines the best of both guitars IMO. I'll talk to my guitar store and see if I can get a deal on one of those because they are about 450$ more than both the Loomis and the AW-7.

SimonEriksson

Reaction score
If I trade in my old guitar I can get the BS-7 for around 1400$, and I know that all you Americans think that that is way to much but the regular list price is actually 1750$.

I really like the look of the Loomis but as I said, the BS-7 kinda looks like one and it fixes all the problems that I have with the Loomis, no satin finish, clean freatboard, black hardware and passive pickup routes. I belive they are made in the same factory so the should be the same quality?

ice_age_magic

That's what she said
Reaction score
The Loomis sig isn't the most attractive guitar to look at, but I've heard that it plays amazingly.

')